Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Kazo64
Drunkenwolf7
OhhYeah
gdead65
Sp4
kakkura49
reclaimer_117
marysvillesquid
riafomh
BestFriendEvr
STORMTROOPER729
Noble Insolence
Forum Owner
Abahab
Illluminator
KennyMcKillmick
Moliat
21 posters

Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament

reclaimer_117
    reclaimer_117

Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament

Post by reclaimer_117 Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:59 pm

idk if anyone still needs a partner, but I'm definitely up for this
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament

Post by Moliat Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:54 pm

A lot of people haven't signed up, so you should be able to get one. Deffgrippa said he would sign up, so you could ask him?
    kakkura49
    kakkura49
    Bullseye!
    Bullseye!

Post by kakkura49 Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:19 am

Ill have to check with him, but BEAST +Kakkura may be on that list real soon >: )
    Sp4
    Sp4

Post by Sp4 Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:54 am

I'd like to sign myself and Furtz up as a team.

He is currently in the process of making an account here. The reason you heard and probably will hear fairly little from him on this forum is because his own PC has broken down.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:14 am

Sp4 wrote:I'd like to sign myself and Furtz up as a team.

He is currently in the process of making an account here. The reason you heard and probably will hear fairly little from him on this forum is because his own PC has broken down.

Thanks for the heads up on Furtz. Without PC access, can you cover for him effectively? (In other words, if you guys are a team, will there be a SNAFU because he is out of the loop without a computer?)
    kakkura49
    kakkura49
    Bullseye!
    Bullseye!

Post by kakkura49 Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:49 am

@Reclaimer, If beast6699 doesn't want to be my partner, itll be you and me. whaduya say?
    reclaimer_117
    reclaimer_117

Post by reclaimer_117 Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:46 pm

kakkura49 wrote:@Reclaimer, If beast6699 doesn't want to be my partner, itll be you and me. whaduya say?

yeah sure np. as long as were called team "Like a G6"
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:23 am

Sign ups are open until Friday 7th January. If you want a team name, you're welcome to add one.

The tournament matches will start Friday 7th January, and it is up to each individual team to schedule matches with other teams (and then post the results in a new thread that will be made on Jan 7th). This will be like a league where each team will play a single match against all other teams. When all matches have been conducted, the team with most victories wins the "tournament".

A match is finished when one team reaches 3 points, or if both teams have 3 points the first team to get a point advantage wins. You get 1 point for destroying an M-COM, and both teams will play one time as defenders and once as attackers on each map. Points are calculated after the end of a map, when both teams have played as both sides.
    Forum Owner
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:55 am

Do we have a map list?
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:30 pm

We'll compile one soon Smile
    gdead65
    gdead65
    GD
    GD

Post by gdead65 Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:33 pm

I am assuming that these matches and party chats will be "Private" so non participants will not accidently join.....
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:47 pm

gdead65 wrote:I am assuming that these matches and party chats will be "Private" so non participants will not accidently join.....
    Yes.

First to 3, every first round as attackers is a possebility to win 2 points right?
    Guess the first team to attack has an advantage
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:05 am

Blizzard wrote:
    First to 3, every first round as attackers is a possebility to win 2 points right?
    Guess the first team to attack has an advantage

No, points are calculated at the end of a map, in other words when both teams have played as attackers and defenders.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:13 am

I don't fully get it
    - Squad rush 2v2
    - first to 3
    - 2mcoms per attack/defend
    - 1 point per mcom
    - match of 1time attacker / 1time defender.

please explain, how you will ever get 3 points:P
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:43 am

- You get a single point for every M-COM destroyed
    - First to get 3 points first wins, or if both teams have 3 points after end of a map, the first team to get more points than the other after the end of a map wins the match
    - Points are calculated at the end of a map played, in other words when both teams have played as defenders and as attackers (that way it doesn't matter who starts as attackers) on a map
    - You play as many maps as needed
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:50 am

Blizzard wrote:I don't fully get it
    - Squad rush 2v2
    - first to 3
    - 2mcoms per attack/defend
    - 1 point per mcom
    - match of 1time attacker / 1time defender.

please explain, how you will ever get 3 points:P
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:59 am

Moliat wrote:- You play as many maps as needed

A match is won when a team first reaches 3 points or gets a point advantage over the enemy team. Seeing as you can get maximum 2 points per map, you will play as many maps as needed until the match is won by either team.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:02 am

Oh my bad Mo, I misread a post a bove, for some reason I read "each map" as one map:P

Don't be bad, please Sad

btw, F.E.;
    First map, both teams get 2 points, 2nd map, first round 1 team gets 1 point (3).
    Then the 2nd map switches atk/defend, and the 2nd team gets both mcoms (4points) the'll win then right?
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:29 am

No worries Smile

Blizzard wrote:
    First map, both teams get 2 points, 2nd map, first round 1 team gets 1 point (3).
    Then the 2nd map switches atk/defend, and the 2nd team gets both mcoms (4points) the'll win then right?

Yes, since points are calculated at the end of a map, they will have a point advantage after both teams have reached 3 points. If the 2nd team had not gotten any points on the 2nd map, they would have had 2 points while the other team would have had 3 points at the end of the game, and the first team would win.

Basically the first team to get a point advantage after and including 3 points have been reached by either team, will win.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:50 am

Possible scores after first map:

Team A = 0 points
    Team B = 0 points

OR

Team A = 2 points
    Team B = 2 points

OR - any combination of the above. The score could be 2 to 0, 2 to 1, or whatever.

Therefore, after a 2nd map, the points could be any combination from 0 to 4 points for each team.

It could be:

Team A = 0 points
    Team B = 0 points

OR

Team A = 4 points
    Team B = 4 points

OR - any combination of the above. The score could be 0-0, 4-4, 3-2, 4-1, 0-4, 1-1, 3-4, etc, etc, etc,...

Theoretically speaking, if both teams are AWESOME defenders, they could re-match again and again in perpetuity with a 0-0 score indefinitely.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:53 am

riafomh wrote:Theoretically speaking, if both teams are AWESOME defenders, they could re-match again and again in perpetuity with a 0-0 score indefinitely.

And this will go on until one team gets a point advantage after the end of a map.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:05 pm

Read the original topic, all rules and tournament setup are explained there!
    reclaimer_117
    reclaimer_117

Post by reclaimer_117 Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Ok I just some interesting news, apparently my team has a big tournament thing this Sunday, will pretty much last all day. So if we are going to be having the tournament this weekend I will only be able to attend if my squads matches are on Saturday or Friday. Just thought I would put this out there.
    kakkura49
    kakkura49
    Bullseye!
    Bullseye!

Post by kakkura49 Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:19 pm

sign beast6699 and kakkura49 up as a team Smile
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:11 am

reclaimer_117 wrote:Ok I just some interesting news, apparently my team has a big tournament thing this Sunday, will pretty much last all day. So if we are going to be having the tournament this weekend I will only be able to attend if my squads matches are on Saturday or Friday. Just thought I would put this out there.

Your team? Either way, you and your 2v2 squad rush teammate choose when to play the matches yourself. Check the original topic post for detailed explanations of every aspect of the tournament.

kakkura49 wrote:sign beast6699 and kakkura49 up as a team Smile
    You are already signed up with Alpha. If that is a mistake, I will sign you and Beast up as a team, in which case Alpha needs to find a new team mate (there are many people who haven't signed up, e.g.: Hazey, kurnalkuddles, deffgrippa, drunkenpk, danniboy, highswaggicon and so on).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:21 pm