Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Kazo64
Drunkenwolf7
OhhYeah
gdead65
Sp4
kakkura49
reclaimer_117
marysvillesquid
riafomh
BestFriendEvr
STORMTROOPER729
Noble Insolence
Forum Owner
Abahab
Illluminator
KennyMcKillmick
Moliat
21 posters

Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament

KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament - Page 5 Empty Re: Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament

Post by KennyMcKillmick Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:35 am

Moliat, Remove teams Kazo - crush and Blizz - Bestfriend
    Add Blizz - Kazo
    kakkura49
    kakkura49
    Bullseye!
    Bullseye!

Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament - Page 5 Empty Re: Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament

Post by kakkura49 Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:13 am

I want to schedule a match between;

Kakkura49+Beast6699
    VS
    Kazo64+Blizzard

{DATE}
    Fri.1/14/2011 / January fourteenth, |This Friday| [9:00 give or take {-5UTC}]

Last edited by kakkura49 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:40 am

9:00 what? Also, please use UTC, it makes converting so much easier Smile
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:05 pm

BUMP the post above.

Also, I'm not seeing a whole lot of matches being played. The tournament is getting concluded this Sunday, so get your asses to it if you're actually participating!
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:24 pm

I guess we're wanting to wrap this up then? Extending it not an option?

Guess we don't really want this going on and on in perpetuity either...
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:52 pm

Max and I should be on Friday and Saturday. Any takers?
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:41 am

People had two weeks, if they can't be bothered to schedule anything, there's no point in hosting a tournament in the first place. We might extend it by a week tops, but that means that anyone who has signed up but not played any matches will not be prioritized AT ALL for future such events, seeing as they can not be relied on.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:35 am

I think the problem aren't the teams or willing to play, the problem is; that we need 8 people for a match of 2vs2, next to that, people are most buissy in the weekends.

Anyway me and Kazo are UTC +1, if the time is reasonable, and Kazo is able, i'll take
    STORMTROOPER729
    STORMTROOPER729

Post by STORMTROOPER729 Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:38 am

i think the next one should still be a 2v2 but you will have a different teammate each round. play a match of attackers and defenders, that be one round. still same point system but it will be kept individually. example: player A and B vs. C and D. A,B gets both objectives and C,D only get one. A- 2points B- 2points C- 1point D- 1point. next round player A and C vs. B and D. team A,C gets both objectives team B,D get one. score now be A- 4points B- 3points C- 3points D- 2points. this would be done with more than 4 people of course and should work out to where you will never have the same teammate.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:24 am

We'll hold a vote on how and when the next tournament will be held, so you can bring that up then Storm, it is a good suggestion Smile
    marysvillesquid
    marysvillesquid

Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament - Page 5 Empty We can show our achievement!!

Post by marysvillesquid Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 am

Lets display our accomplishments!

What does the winner, or winners get? Bragging rights? Special awards, or insignias would be something to consider?? Of course, where would you display them? None of us have our "own" individual page for these display purposes. In the "real" military you recieved hash marks for time in service. You recieved one every 4 years of active duty, and were required to wear it on your uniform. You could do the same thing for winning tournaments. Every tournament you won, you would get this hash mark displayed somewhere on this sight.

Its just an idea, and would be a great way to signify those who excel and demonstrate superior skill and ability within Death From Above! A few other "clans" ive researched, have implemented an awards program. It adds a nice touch to personal achievement, and would be the motivator for participation.

Here are some "Hash Marks":

Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament - Page 5 USN-121-221

You can always modify the colors to blend with DFA scheme.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:49 am

I like it. The red one would actually go nicely, not clash with the current yellow/black scheme, and would just show up nicely underneath say, people's Avatar to the left.
    marysvillesquid
    marysvillesquid

Post by marysvillesquid Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:10 am

Ya the admin could choose to go with whatever color scheme would mesh
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:39 am

I'll have a look at the admin stuff and see if there is a way to enable such a "rewards" system Smile
    CrushNZ
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Just apply it as a special rank Moliat. All you would do is attach to another badge if the old ones are going back up at some point.

To be honest in my admin times I had contemplated changing the color scheme to something me Vietnam related. Maybe I should look into it again for everyone.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:35 pm

The tournament has been extended to and including next Sunday (23rd January). Any team that has not completed 4 matches by that time will not be prioritized for similar events in the near future as we want people that sign up and actually participate.
    Noble Insolence
    Noble Insolence

Post by Noble Insolence Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:06 pm

Langy and me need 2 more matches, any takers guys?
    Max
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Post by Max Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:36 pm

I think Abahab and I are the only ones to have had 4 matches so far.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:59 pm

Moliat wrote:The tournament has been extended to and including next Sunday (23rd January). Any team that has not completed 4 matches by that time will not be prioritized for similar events in the near future as we want people that sign up and actually participate.

I guess that'll be me then... sucks bad...

Gimme a break, sir. I matched up with Tim (Illuminator) and I guess that was a bad choice for us - our time zones are too far apart and we RARELY seem to be on at the same time. Add to that the tactics event on that first weekend, which we tried to follow up with the tournament - after being online playing for almost 6 hours my wife (quite deservedly) raged on me and I had to quit, mid-game. Although I did explain to her how important this was to me, well, never mind. We had our son that weekend.

Now this weekend we weren't supposed to have him, but of course his Father went out of town, and we ended up with him. Supposed to be only one night, but then his (father's) plane got snowed in and he couldn't come back - so he (the son) stays another night. After the debacle the weekend before with the wife, I didn't even bother attempting to bring it up with her.

All the same, had a really good session for SEVERAL hours with DFA today, and I thought just maybe I could get a match in (was actually afraid I would relive the weekend before, and have to quit in the middle of it), but of course that didn't happen and in any case Tim (Illuminator) wasn't online anyway.

After all that gaming (you had left Moliat) we actually did try to set up a match between two teams.

And we tried again.

And we tried again.

And we tried again.

How many bloody times did we try to set up that match? I am gonna guess at 10+ attempts, between (who was it?) hosting and then even I tried hosting (even though I had no match to play, not bad for someone who is unreliable...). Eventually we all gave up and dispersed into other games or offline.

So there is another weekend coming up, and although one might think that we won't have our son for another 2 weeks, the weekend coming up is as per the 'usual schedule' .... and I have no idea yet whether we will or will not have him.

So there you have it, and yes, if I were to review my case from Moliat's perspective, I too, would classify myself as 'unreliable', for all of the reasons mentioned above.
    Drunkenwolf7
    Drunkenwolf7

Post by Drunkenwolf7 Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Yeah, I remember that Riafohm, We tried for ages to get a game going, but it wouldn't work.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 am

Yeah even I coulden't start up and i have perfect internet ..
    Though I must ask, what's the rush?

I agree we shoulden't take 2 months for this, but 2 weeks (now 3..) and only in the weekends?
    I mean, most people wanna go out in the weekends
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:18 am

People can play whenever they want to, but if we keep extending this there's no point in having a deadline in the first place...
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:33 am

this would be só much easier to do if we didn't need 8 people to start a match ..
    D divine1
    D divine1

Inter-DFA 2v2 Squad Rush tournament - Page 5 Empty Just a suggestion

Post by D divine1 Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:38 am

Can i make a Sugesstion..... how about doing Teamdeath match ,4 teams of 2?
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:42 am

That was the original idea, but the problem is you can't create deathmatch games in private matches, for some weird reason.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 pm