Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Been gone a while

shimvolski
    shimvolski

Been gone a while Empty Been gone a while

Post by shimvolski Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 pm

I got rear ended a couple weeks ago at a stoplight. Got whiplash and have been down for the count for a while but I have been getting physical therapy and am on the mend. This past sunday I went to play and got the red ring of death. I tore my xbox apart and fixed it yesterday so I should be back in action soon! If anyone ever has the ring of death let me know and I can help you with how to fix it.
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Been gone a while Empty Re: Been gone a while

Post by Abahab Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:40 am

I think you may be suffering from short term memory loss as well. Ria moved the first here. The second one probably got deleted. Perhap leave this one open for a bit so Shim doesn't think he's losing his mind.

Last edited by Abahab on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:50 am

Actually, isn't this like his 3rd posting on this? There's another (un-moved) one floating around somewhere...
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:51 am

Yeah I think that one got deleted.
    ChinaDarwin44
    ChinaDarwin44

Post by ChinaDarwin44 Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:53 am

shimvolski wrote:I got rear ended a couple weeks ago at a stoplight. Got whiplash and have been down for the count for a while but I have been getting physical therapy and am on the mend. This past sunday I went to play and got the red ring of death. I tore my xbox apart and fixed it yesterday so I should be back in action soon! If anyone ever has the ring of death let me know and I can help you with how to fix it.

Hope to see you back soon. What'd you do to fix the RROD? I've got an old xbox collecting dust b/c of the RROD and I couldn't send it back b/c it is modded and warranty void. Had it fixed once or twice, but then the guy who does it just gave up and suggested I buya new one. I was in the market and did upgrade to a newer xbox, bought the arcade, kept my old HDD and enjoyed the HDMI and cooler/quieter xbox. If I could pull that other one out, it'd be nice to sell or hook up to my other TV for coop play/media center.
    shimvolski
    shimvolski

Been gone a while Empty Yes I am losing it

Post by shimvolski Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:46 pm

I used a combo of this video (I only used the parts from this one, didn't use the heat gun).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=uB2QoJM7p5I&annotation_id=annotation_545274

And I used the step by step instructions from this one. It is part one of 3.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnXQD68LRy4

And yes, I think I have lost it because I couldn't find my post after I posted it. Then when I got a reply notice, I clicked it and it took me to a completely different topic. Ria, where did you move it? I searched using the "view your posts" deal at the top right of the page.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:35 pm

And the search function should have led you right to it, except that your FIRST one I 'merged' into the Inactivity Topic and so probably 'lost its identity' because of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:27 am