Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
ChinaDarwin44
Kazo64
KennyMcKillmick
OBkY Nova
8 posters

TES4: Oblivion

OBkY Nova
    OBkY Nova
    Cool Like A Fool
    Cool Like A Fool

TES4: Oblivion Empty TES4: Oblivion

Post by OBkY Nova Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:37 pm

If any of you all played or still play, share some tips! I for one, love this game as much as Fallout 3.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

TES4: Oblivion Empty Re: TES4: Oblivion

Post by KennyMcKillmick Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Oblivion is that offline roll playing game right?
    OBkY Nova
    OBkY Nova
    Cool Like A Fool
    Cool Like A Fool

Post by OBkY Nova Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes!
    Kazo64
    Kazo64
    From Behind!
    From Behind!

Post by Kazo64 Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Got it...but its sooooo long!!!But love it Smile
    ChinaDarwin44
    ChinaDarwin44

Post by ChinaDarwin44 Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:35 pm

The only full game where I got all 1000 achievement point...too bad the GOTY edition in my region is Japanese, I really want to play the DLC, but believe it or not, its never come down in price, and I've had this game as long as I've had an xbox.

It's very long, but well worth playing with different characters and game choices. As for some advice,...hmm..been a while, just get on a horse and explore, and I wouldn't recommend becoming a vampire, I didn't know what happened until it was too late, theres a mission to reverse it, but until then it sucks to avoid day time and have to eat people regularly. On the other hand, you do get some perks, but it can make fast moving difficult.
    OBkY Nova
    OBkY Nova
    Cool Like A Fool
    Cool Like A Fool

Post by OBkY Nova Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Ya the dlc is great, and being a vampire sucks. It is the only real game I have spent such a long time on.
    Deffgrippa
    Deffgrippa

Post by Deffgrippa Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:57 pm

I got the GOTY edition but trying to get complete Fallout 3 GOTY and a may be getting New veges soon so i don't i'll be playing it soon.
    ChinaDarwin44
    ChinaDarwin44

Post by ChinaDarwin44 Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:01 pm

No fallout 3 GOTY edition here in China, but that game was so great, I bought all the DLCs as they came out!

Vegas is another story...just didn't hook me like the first one did, though the hardcore and crazy wasteland perk were a nice added addition, had me play twice.
    OBkY Nova
    OBkY Nova
    Cool Like A Fool
    Cool Like A Fool

Post by OBkY Nova Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:53 am

Ya New Vegas was alright, but Fallout 3 is still my favorite. Deff this game is awesome also.
    Deffgrippa
    Deffgrippa

Post by Deffgrippa Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:21 am

Yeah i've been watching video's of New Vegas and i'm liking what i'm seeing.
    DentedBullet
    DentedBullet

Post by DentedBullet Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:35 pm

All three games are great.
    OBkY Nova
    OBkY Nova
    Cool Like A Fool
    Cool Like A Fool

Post by OBkY Nova Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I agree
    Deffgrippa
    Deffgrippa

Post by Deffgrippa Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Lv 16 in New Vegas with over 10,000 caps loving it.
    OBkY Nova
    OBkY Nova
    Cool Like A Fool
    Cool Like A Fool

Post by OBkY Nova Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Haha I got to 28000 caps after robbing the weapon shop in freeside.
    Kaos
    Kaos

Post by Kaos Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:47 am

i like the fallout series but i was, and still am, way more into The Elder Scrolls series. When Skyrim comes out in November i'll be pale by the time i leave my room. people are gonna walk in and see me hanging from the ceiling and sh*t.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Oblivion, Fallout, and New Vegas are all uber-cool. Some tips for Oblivion:

Magic is where it's at; get your magic up as fast as possible. Also, there are some cool spells that you can ONLY get by completing quests. There's one up north (with the Nords) in the snow town where you go get struck by lightning and get bestowed with a special spell attack ability...

JUMP everywhere you go, whenever you can - you'll jack up your Acrobatics fast and then be able to do these like ninja-like flip-roll-spin attacks that can be uber-cool. Also, eventually you're like some D&D Monk in that you can fall from quite high up with damage reduced.

Same goes for Running - run everywhere. Increases your Athletics or Stamina or something.

Get those magic stones! (Can't remember what they're called) There's ones you use to recharge your magic, ones for recharging magic items, and be sure to get Soul Gems and the Soul Trap Spell(s) so you can scoop up all the 'juice' out there...

You can usually tell when you catch Vampirism before it gets out of control and before it's too late; go to the church I believe and pray at the altar(s) to get healed of it, but if you wait too long, it won't work. I think you fully turn after 2 days or something; after that you'll have to do this uber-long and complicated/impossible quest to get rid of it. There's the 'main' altar I think as well as all the little ones around the room; I think just the main one is the one that works. Alternatively, make sure you save frequently and often; you can simply reload to before you caught the disease, as well as reverse any number of other bad consequences, to be sure.
    I played the very original Fallout on PC; it was awesome. Never played Fallout 2, but heard it was even better, and more hilarious; apparently at one point in the game you can actually wind up naked on a bed with a ball gag in your mouth....

Fallout 3 didn't win a bunch of rewards for nothing; it has the most awesome storyline and does a great homage to the first two whilst transitioning to 3D/FPS nicely. Won best game of the year for reasons obvious to anyone who plays it.

New Vegas is not as 'character connected' as Fallout 3, IMO. In F3 you actually (quickly) grow up in the Vault and have the Bully and the Chic and Your Dad and The Overseer and all that, and then when you finally emerge in the Wasteland, the effect is so damned stunning...

In New Vegas you're just 'there' without all the 'character underpinning' as we say in the acting biz; so I didn't feel as much investment in what was going on. However, I do like the Hardcore Mode (what else is new) because the first one was like that; ammo has weight, stimpacks heal over time and not immediately, you actually have to worry about food, water, and sleep, etc. If you turn it on at the start of your game AND NEVER EVER TURN IT OFF you get a special achievement for it upon completion. And I am not finding it very hard at all.

I also like the contrast to F3 in that Energy Weapons are relatively rare; mostly just lots of 'standard' ballistics weapons, etc.

I've just finished doing this thingy where I think I've unlocked a Satellite Guided Laser Beam from space which I can use once a day or something (only tried it out once so far) to fry a whole area on the ground below. What a light show! People on fire, etc, - it's great!
    Kaos
    Kaos

Post by Kaos Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:10 pm

i notice people are hating on vampirism. come on now guys, its not that bad. my main oblivion character has it and the way i play its got more positives than negatives to it. (ie. resistances and buffs) plus if your in the dark brotherhood you have to do enough killing quests anyways its not like its hard to find somebody to drink their blood when you need it, even after you become listener the world is filled with people, just fast travel and wait until night time, sneak in, take care of business and then leave.

plus seeing as i played as an argonian there was almost no physical appearance change (if any at all) and once your sneak and lock picking are high enough (both of which were my first lvl100 skills) nobody will ever catch you and its extremely easy.
    Kazo64
    Kazo64
    From Behind!
    From Behind!

Post by Kazo64 Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:26 pm

riafomh wrote:Oblivion, Fallout, and New Vegas are all uber-cool. Some tips for Oblivion:

Magic is where it's at; get your magic up as fast as possible. Also, there are some cool spells that you can ONLY get by completing quests. There's one up north (with the Nords) in the snow town where you go get struck by lightning and get bestowed with a special spell attack ability...

JUMP everywhere you go, whenever you can - you'll jack up your Acrobatics fast and then be able to do these like ninja-like flip-roll-spin attacks that can be uber-cool. Also, eventually you're like some D&D Monk in that you can fall from quite high up with damage reduced.

Same goes for Running - run everywhere. Increases your Athletics or Stamina or something.

Get those magic stones! (Can't remember what they're called) There's ones you use to recharge your magic, ones for recharging magic items, and be sure to get Soul Gems and the Soul Trap Spell(s) so you can scoop up all the 'juice' out there...

You can usually tell when you catch Vampirism before it gets out of control and before it's too late; go to the church I believe and pray at the altar(s) to get healed of it, but if you wait too long, it won't work. I think you fully turn after 2 days or something; after that you'll have to do this uber-long and complicated/impossible quest to get rid of it. There's the 'main' altar I think as well as all the little ones around the room; I think just the main one is the one that works. Alternatively, make sure you save frequently and often; you can simply reload to before you caught the disease, as well as reverse any number of other bad consequences, to be sure.
    I played the very original Fallout on PC; it was awesome. Never played Fallout 2, but heard it was even better, and more hilarious; apparently at one point in the game you can actually wind up naked on a bed with a ball gag in your mouth....

Fallout 3 didn't win a bunch of rewards for nothing; it has the most awesome storyline and does a great homage to the first two whilst transitioning to 3D/FPS nicely. Won best game of the year for reasons obvious to anyone who plays it.

New Vegas is not as 'character connected' as Fallout 3, IMO. In F3 you actually (quickly) grow up in the Vault and have the Bully and the Chic and Your Dad and The Overseer and all that, and then when you finally emerge in the Wasteland, the effect is so damned stunning...

In New Vegas you're just 'there' without all the 'character underpinning' as we say in the acting biz; so I didn't feel as much investment in what was going on. However, I do like the Hardcore Mode (what else is new) because the first one was like that; ammo has weight, stimpacks heal over time and not immediately, you actually have to worry about food, water, and sleep, etc. If you turn it on at the start of your game AND NEVER EVER TURN IT OFF you get a special achievement for it upon completion. And I am not finding it very hard at all.

I also like the contrast to F3 in that Energy Weapons are relatively rare; mostly just lots of 'standard' ballistics weapons, etc.

I've just finished doing this thingy where I think I've unlocked a Satellite Guided Laser Beam from space which I can use once a day or something (only tried it out once so far) to fry a whole area on the ground below. What a light show! People on fire, etc, - it's great!

Wow...Ok i know that you like to describe some things more specific but dude...Your making us look bad/lazy.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:23 am

Kazo64 wrote:
    Wow...Ok i know that you like to describe some things more specific but dude...Your making us look bad/lazy.

Naw... just you, Kazo...
    Deffgrippa
    Deffgrippa

Post by Deffgrippa Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:49 am

Even through i have fallout for 360 i got it on PC and its working great. But when i try to mod it Windows vista is being an pain.
    Kazo64
    Kazo64
    From Behind!
    From Behind!

Post by Kazo64 Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:14 pm

riafomh wrote:
    Kazo64 wrote:

Naw... just you, Kazo...

Aww! thats sooooooo sweet! :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 pm