Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Moving covertly

Trigger Hexxed
    Trigger Hexxed

Moving covertly Empty Moving covertly

Post by Trigger Hexxed Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:54 pm

We have all tried sneaking, whether it be to knife someone silently or to move around a known enemy infested area in hopes of gaining a better position. Now it really can only go two ways, either first the enemy is oblivious of you because your so stealthy you put ninja’s to shame. Or second, your sneaking up on the enemy and because you dident eat luch that afternoon and your stomach is growling or you found the one twig that would actually make a sound in the whole forest and he turns around and greets you with a dose of 7.62mm lead.
    Either way we all have tried it a time or two. Now hopefully this guide gives you an idea as to how to go about it without the five second respawn timer in your near future.

Moving Solo
    Moving solo is obviously a lot easier to do than in a group for the shear fact that you don’t have three other imbeciles that can get you spotted. But it has its downfalls as well.
    Pros: Less likely to be seen, if your spotted you are the only one to die (instead of a whole squad),easier to listen for enemy movement.
    Cons: You cannot watch all directions at all times as you would with a squad, your on your own if you do come across an enemy, if you die you respawn on your squad mates and have to make the run all over again.

Moving as a squad
    Moving as a squad may be a little more difficult but then again if shit hits the fan, not only do you have your gun, but three of your friends and their guns.
    Pros: A lot more firepower, you can really watch all directions for enemies, if you die you can just resurrect on one of your squad members and move on.
    Cons: As previously stated; if you get spotted and you cant outgun them, you just lots the element of surprise and/or the initiative.

How to move covertly
    First and foremost do not move out in the open. Try to stay around the edges of the map, or go from cover to cover. DO NOT all move at the same time if you have to cross an area where you might be seen. Send two at a time, if they happen to be seen and are cut down, you can simply wait till they either come to investigate and kill the enemy or they move on you resurrect the dead and “Charlie Mike” (continue mission). Every 50-75 yards stop and take a look around. Watch to see how the enemy are moving, this will help anticipate their patterns or if they have an idea your near.
    While your looking, listen also. Always have someone watching your six (behind you). Perferably the medic, due to the fact that he should have the highest casualty producing weapon (LMG). That one time you don’t have someone watching your six is the time some random call of duty titty baby comes around the corner and scores a quadruple kill and proceeds to teabag you.
    If you come across an enemy, go around if the situation allows. If you cannot get passed knife if within range and you can get it off without causing a commotion. If you cannot get a knife off take him down and move quickly to a new location. I cant stress this enough….DO NOT shoot at an enemy unless you have to and wait till the last possible moment. You do not want to give away your position if you don’t have to.

So I hope this has been informative and hopefully this will be our SOP (Standard operating procedure).
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Moving covertly Empty Re: Moving covertly

Post by KennyMcKillmick Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:11 am

Goos review.
    Mostly when I squad up with DFA, I like to sneak 2 by 2, so I split up the squad in 2 directions;
    - double the chance squad gets to an objective, less likely to be spot (since you are only with 1 more, and if 1 squad of 2 fails, you always have 2 others).
    - Someone to watch your back

I run as recon, when sneaking I use VSS or SVU (both silenced) and although I like the revives, I preffer having a engineer with me.
    Silenced weapon, so stealth, packs the punch up close, and when the shit hit's the bricks, so will his gustav

riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:59 am

I guess this is obvious but it's funny how many times we come in on their rear flanks and I'm saying into the mic at that moment:

"Don't run don't run DON'T RUN they'll hear your boot stomps..."

On Kenny's idea: another advantage of the two units of 2 coming in from different directions is that one can become a distraction that draws them over and allows the other unit to move in.
    reclaimer_117
    reclaimer_117

Post by reclaimer_117 Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:17 am

I would actually disagree with your suggestion that we should knife our enemies when in close quarters. It is much better just to find an alternate route, or it you have a recon with you who has an svu, use that. There have been many times where I have looked at the little death counter at the top of the screen and seen

SOMEWEIRDO - knife - COMMUNIST

The first thing that I think of when I see this is,
    - Who is that person?
    - Were they a recon? If so the killer is most likely in our base
    - Was he in my squad? If so the killer is probably nearby
    - Was he guarding X location with me? If so I better turn around right now.

Basically what I'm saying is, when I see that a teammate was knifed, it is actually more of a giveaway, to me at least, that an enemy is inside my base. If I see a teammate was killed with an assault rifle, or a sniper I will usually assume they got picked off from far away unless they tell me otherwise. So yeah, be quiet and all that stuff, however I would recommend avoiding knife kills, even though they are so very tempting.

Last edited by reclaimer_117 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Press send early XD)
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:35 am

Yeah... he basically does say that you should try to avoid/go around if you can. The knifing is of course for the sound so that nobody hears your gunfire up close in their base; which you basically covered by using silenced weaponry (someone mentioned Engineers as actually being useful for that also).

You make good points about the in-screen who-killed-who-and-how giveaway though....
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:53 am

Yeah I mentioned engineers.

Anyway, knife does do that, however, when you knife someone it won't yell AMAGAD I GOT SHOT IN THE FACE wich is more stealth
    D divine1
    D divine1

Post by D divine1 Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:01 am

Knife the biatch! You have to be aware that if you knife an Enemy he will want some Revenge as you have his Dog tags, and if he's commmunicating withhis team he could inform teamates that he's just been killed and to watchout. So in a scenario where you have to kill someone be concioius of that fact.When moving covertly the enemy must not see you to the last moment.
    So if you have to kill him make sure you try and hide yourself in the Kill Cam.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 pm