Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
KennyMcKillmick
STORMTROOPER729
kevo1586
7 posters

Potential Clan Member

kevo1586
    kevo1586

Potential Clan Member Empty Potential Clan Member

Post by kevo1586 Thu May 26, 2011 5:32 am

Hi, I am new to BFBC2 and would like to join a clan. I am aware there is an application process but I decided to make this post first to see if any admins or other members could provide me with some guidance before I apply.

I'll provide a little background first. I'm 25 years old and a former COD player. I've logged quite a few days between the last three releases of the series.

As I said I have only recently starting playing and am still learning some of the maps. I am extremely impressed with the maps and their realism and diversity. I love the opportunity to to engage in almost any different type of fighting style on each different map.

While playing COD:B-Ops my kill death ratio was ~1.25-1.3 and I generally score within the top 3 of my team and top 3 for the entire lobby. I like to make all my shots count, I try to be as accurate as possible and do not like to give up my position to unsuspecting enemies by firing shots (and missing) and having them aware of where I am due to my gunfire; like I said I shoot to kill.

I am actually quite excited to join a clan as I prefer to play in an organized fashion an be provided with and provide my team mates with the most information possible of what is taking place on the battlefield and in their surroundings. I found this was one aspect of COD I was severely let down with; unless you are a member of a clan, which I was not. As soon as I started to play BFBC2 I realized there is absolutely no way I want to play this game without an organized team. Every match I have my mic on asking if there is anyone there, so far I've talked to one person. The maps are far to big to be running around in an unorganized fashion with a bunch of team mates who have no idea what the other is doing.

I would like to start off playing with an organized team and be provided with useful information and tactics that is relevant to the particular map. I think I have all the necessary tools in my belt to be a good clan member.

So should I continue to play on my own with all the players out there, who run all willy-nilly around the map with no plan, and develop more experience with maps or should I apply to join?

STORMTROOPER729
    STORMTROOPER729

Potential Clan Member Empty Re: Potential Clan Member

Post by STORMTROOPER729 Thu May 26, 2011 5:49 am

Just fill out an app and see what happens. It's nice to have a COD player see the light and come to Battlefield Twisted Evil we are even in the talks of having an open house day. Don't think a date is set yet.
    kevo1586
    kevo1586

Post by kevo1586 Thu May 26, 2011 5:57 am

The only thing is when it asks questions about particular maps (in the application) I am not exactly sure where they are referring to.

I think being a clan member would speed the learning curve up of this particular game.
    STORMTROOPER729
    STORMTROOPER729

Post by STORMTROOPER729 Thu May 26, 2011 6:49 am

Then be honest. Or even jump on quick and see what that map looks like. Heck I only can remember the names of maybe 3 maps. The rest I would have to actually get on and look to see which one was which. Since you haven't been playing very long just see what your gut tells you on how you should tackle the objective/problem. Me personally would be ok with you posting something on what not to do, as in what you tried and didn't work. Don't be stupid about and be like I tried to throw c4 as high as I could to take out a helicopter but it didn't work Carrey1

Edit, the best way to learn is to make mistakes.
    kevo1586
    kevo1586

Post by kevo1586 Thu May 26, 2011 7:02 am

STORMTROOPER729 wrote:
    Edit, the best way to learn is to make mistakes.

The best way to learn is to make mistakes and don't do it again. Otherwise you didn't learn. lol

One thing that I think is a good strategy for any one new to a game/sport/etc. is to not worry so much about winning, but worry about how not to lose. Develop a strong defense before you develop your offense. You can capitalize on your opponents mistakes when they have trouble breaking through your defense. This was my approach when I started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and it worked well for me.

KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Thu May 26, 2011 9:05 am

With Bad Company 2, rushing is key.
    You gotta act before the enemy has settled himself.

Anyway, indeed post an application first, and just check the maps before doing those questions. (altough I believe only 1 question is map-related, Cold War Rush).

Tip, take your time filling out the application form, and descibe everything as detailed as possible Wink

Drunkenwolf7
    Drunkenwolf7

Post by Drunkenwolf7 Thu May 26, 2011 9:25 am

Glad to see COD player join the ranks of a true shooter, well done!

Now, I understand where you are coming from with the "map" issue.

The best advice I can give you is to play the map several times. "Number of times through equals certainty."

For filling out the application; like the others... take your time with it! If you don't get accepted darn, but you can always re-apply.

As kenny said, rushing is key. You want your opponents to be on their back foot the whole time. It makes it harder for them to react if you are constantly up their butt. You know?

Anyway, good luck with the application Smile
    XIIIXIIIXIIIXI(Bob)
    XIIIXIIIXIIIXI(Bob)

Post by XIIIXIIIXIIIXI(Bob) Fri May 27, 2011 4:11 am

Pro tip from Bob - have a look through some of the earlier apps in the archives. Consider which ones have been accepted - compare with the declined as this will give you a better picture of how appications are evaluated. God forsake you if you try any ctr-v nonsense though! As Kenny said - take your time with the application. THINK about the answers but be honest and to the point. Bear in mind that your app will be read by the whole clan and it's in your hands to wow us.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Fri May 27, 2011 7:45 am

Not sure he can access the Archives though...

But still, check out the ones in the regular section, see which ones impress YOU, and which ones don't.

But DON'T try to tell us what 'you think we want to hear'; we can usually tell. You are evaluated as much on 'what kind of person you seem to be' as much as anything else. Your personality, spirit, etc.

We're looking for a good fit. People who's company we enjoy. Not douche-bags who think that 'they're all that and a bag of potato chips'....

Skill IS important also, but less important, IMO, than your 'approach' to the game.

I don't want to say too much more, as I don't want to infest you with things you think we want to hear on the app.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Fri May 27, 2011 8:13 am

Anyone can view the application archives, its just the application discussion archives that are restricted to admins.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:28 am