Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Falls
BEAST6699
UnderADyingSun
Kaos
8 posters

Brink

Kaos
    Kaos

Brink Empty Brink

Post by Kaos Tue May 10, 2011 2:35 am

i also forgot. im picking this game up today. looks to be a some good fun for a while. I'm a huge fan of any game with in depth character customization and this game has it so if anyone else is gonna pick it up lets get something going.
    UnderADyingSun
    UnderADyingSun

Brink Empty Re: Brink

Post by UnderADyingSun Tue May 10, 2011 3:16 am

Post your first impressions if you can man. I like the high jumps, wall bouncing, and slides. They seem to lend themself to some unique combat. I think you mentioned this ingame two days ago and it prompted me to look into it. It looks promising.like if CoD, Mirror'sEdge, and Gears had a baby?
    BEAST6699
    BEAST6699

Post by BEAST6699 Tue May 10, 2011 8:14 am

Im also getting this game today so just shoot me an invite when I get online
    Kaos
    Kaos

Post by Kaos Wed May 11, 2011 1:46 am

so far it's been pretty fun, i did encounter some game killing lag when i launched my first 2 multi-player matches but after that everything went smooth. only downsides I've noticed are that its is ALL made for multi-player. even the campaign. and the higher you're level, the bigger your advantage. like today i have done all the challenge mission and i've unlocked EVERYTHING giving me all the sights and upgrades for my guns. in game i've got a pretty big advantage over those who don't have these yet. also i've run into some people that player with the engineer class (the one i use the most) that already have the heavy turret unlocked whereas I'm still stuck on the light. that thing is unfairly OP. but all in all, i love the character customization (i could care less about the Renegades side of the story) all i like to play as is the Police force that is trying to keep the peace. they are so bad ass and look the part too.

all in all i give it a 6/10. Maybe not worth buying, especially for 60$ but if you can rent it, do so for sure. its a fun distraction from battlefield Very Happy
    UnderADyingSun
    UnderADyingSun

Post by UnderADyingSun Wed May 11, 2011 3:30 am

Thanks for the update Kaos. I saw you playing it quite a bit, and I'll tell you I'm no where in the mood for an imbalanced mp no matter how fun it may be. As a matter of fact, I think I might start playing call of duty again on the side because I too need a little distraction from battlefield from time to time. Those oh so special sessions of flying solo are giving me a headache Hang
    Thx for the update though, I was strongly considering getting it brand spankin' new.
    Falls
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls Thu May 12, 2011 4:44 pm

I've been reading some reviews and they've all been really good. The biggest issues are the slow-down lag that K40s mentioned, and some strange graphical glitches.

You'd really only give it 6/10? Anyone else have an opinion?
    BEAST6699
    BEAST6699

Post by BEAST6699 Thu May 12, 2011 5:00 pm

I think it deserves more then a six, its no battlefield but its better than COD
    The multiplayers been really laggy but I think their just working on their servers
    ChinaDarwin44
    ChinaDarwin44

Post by ChinaDarwin44 Fri May 13, 2011 7:05 am

I'll be picking it up for the same reasons as KAOS, I'll see you online sometime, hopefully they'll get the bugs fixed..
    DentedBullet
    DentedBullet

Post by DentedBullet Fri May 13, 2011 7:19 am

Yeah I'm going to wait and see what happens with this one.
    Max
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Post by Max Fri May 13, 2011 11:45 am

This is the kind of game where I wish there was a demo.
    Kaos
    Kaos

Post by Kaos Fri May 13, 2011 12:17 pm

yes it might be deserving more than a 6/10 but tops i would give it a 7/10 considering a 5 is average it's slightly above that. I've been playing the game some more they seemed to have fixed some of the lag as i've only encountered severe lag one more time. also as i've unlocked more and more the game is becoming more fun. especially like yesterday me and cheapo both used heavy body types with the 'gatlung' cannon machine gun. we just stayed next to each other and buffed each other while mowing people down. that was a blast.

If more people in DFA pick this up and we all play together this game has the potential to be a lot more fun.
    TheHellKat
    TheHellKat

Post by TheHellKat Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:13 pm

I picked this up today, and my first impressions are of a really good indepth game (if a bit short and easy to level up really fast), but the AI on it stinks. There is no other way to put it, its as dumb as a week old tomato.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content