Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Party sizes

Kebozam
    Kebozam
    Insurance Salesman
    Insurance Salesman

Party sizes Empty Party sizes

Post by Kebozam Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Earlier today we had around 8 people all in the same party, it was good having the ability to chat to everyone on the two squads but it got me thinking.

I cant quite describe my reasoning behind it but I feel keeping parties down to just the members of the squads might be more beneficial for squad teamwork.

its just my thoughts on the matter, am interested to see how others think on this.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Party sizes Empty Re: Party sizes

Post by riafomh Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Hmmmm..... sort of the point of a Clan though, isn't it? To expand the tactical base to more than just the 4 players? I know what you're getting at though... if the chat chatter isn't clear, concise, and pertinent, it gets a little cloudy and confusticated (alliteration anyone?). Add to that those unlucky moments when everybody actually has something important to say at the same time, and no one can hear anyone and everyone is pause-talking to try not to interrupt each other.

(And then if Moliat rages it gets really... entertaining...)

<Note to Moliat: that's a soft-hearted poke, sir>

Last edited by riafomh on Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Owner
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Yeah but a tactical clan could very well operate in two different parties. I agree with Kebo.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Crush wrote:Yeah but a tactical clan could very well operate in two different parties. I agree with Kebo.

Yes, and we do do that sometimes, don't we? That would be one way to do it alright though, with a full 12-man team: 2 parties of 6 men each, either with 2 squads of 3 or one squad of 4 and another with 2 (which could also include 2 from the other party - not able to chat with them, but at least there would be a 'link' to the other party.)
    Forum Owner
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:24 am

Six is in my opinion to many. 1 squad leader to 4 people is nice. It allow for you to micro manage when needed, but it's brief. Plus the channel floods with 6 people.
    Max
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Post by Max Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:49 am

I think 4 is tight and efficient, and those little arrows on you're HUD play a small part. Having 4 green arrows, knowing where exactly the guys in your squad and party are at a glance is quite helpful to communicating efficiently. If we're in 8 man parties it's a 50/50 shot that you can communicate with one of those random blue arrows.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:59 am

Good point, but for the most part we are more than capable of handling most combat situations on public servers with 8-man parties. When the shit hits the fan however, it is more efficient with squad chat. But as long as people know when to say something (which, for the most part, they do), then 8-man parties are in my opinion sufficiently efficient in public games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:01 pm