Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Moliat
PR3SIDENT
STORMTROOPER729
7 posters

Dominos

STORMTROOPER729
    STORMTROOPER729

Dominos Empty Dominos

Post by STORMTROOPER729 Tue May 31, 2011 10:26 am

Don't know if you guys have seen some of the videos like these but I would like to give it a try. Thank B4L as I saw it on their YouTube channel. Maybe even do a DFA in the ground, bullet holes in the side of a building, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Zg6KAJ2Ko

To get that many anti tank and c4 you lay all that you got and leave the game then come back Razz
    PR3SIDENT
    PR3SIDENT

Dominos Empty Re: Dominos

Post by PR3SIDENT Tue May 31, 2011 11:14 am

I would be down to do something like this too, I have access to a Capture card. Does anyone else know how to edit video?
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue May 31, 2011 11:53 am

At the moment only Stormtrooper has a capture card in DFA, meaning it's good news we could get another.

As for video editing, we haven't done any lately, so I can't speak for all of DFA. We will however be recording, editing and publishing a new recruitment video this summer in anticipation of BF3, so we will need both more capture cards and video editors by that time.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Tue May 31, 2011 2:18 pm

that shit is wack!
    TheHellKat
    TheHellKat

Post by TheHellKat Tue May 31, 2011 2:40 pm

I've contemplated getting myself a capture card, but to be perfectly honest my PC was built to be top of the line... 10 years ago...

Its getting a little on the aged side and im not sure if it would take a capture card input signal or just die trying.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue May 31, 2011 3:24 pm

You don't need a capture card to record gameplay when playing on a PC, you can use programs like Fraps for that. I take it you are referring to the process of transferring the recordings from the capture card to the PC. Seeing as it will be a file transfer and you will just upload it to YouTube or some online service (assuming you will not be doing any editing), virtually any computer will be able to do it. It will just take longer time with a slow computer.
    TheHellKat
    TheHellKat

Post by TheHellKat Tue May 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Ahh ok, I thought the Capture Card just allowed the PC to record the signals from the console.

I may have to look into getting one if its just a file transfer, time is something I have (well I can set it up on my PC and go do something else at any rate)

cat
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue May 31, 2011 3:59 pm

If my memory serves and Stormtrooper is using the capture card I think he is, then the gameplay footage is recorded directly on the "capture card" device. The cheaper capture cards are essentially a wire between the cords going between the xbox and the tv, and a computer, meaning the computer does the recording.

The more expensive capture cards store the recordings locally, such as the Hauppage recorders.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Tue May 31, 2011 5:09 pm

We've actually done this before, but never on such a scale!
    STORMTROOPER729
    STORMTROOPER729

Post by STORMTROOPER729 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:03 am

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=HD+PVR&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=11247393974687079463&sa=X&ei=aRvmTdjmC8TTgAfGwZX7Cg&ved=0CE0Q8wIwAQ

If the link don't work just google HD PVR.

This is what I use. It's an external device. Doesn't matter if your computer is crap because mine is. I can't even edit the videos my computer is so crappy. I save them to a external hard drive.
    TheHellKat
    TheHellKat

Post by TheHellKat Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:05 am

I don't suppose you have a link of a similar (or same) item that is avaliable in the UK?

I currently have a 1Tb External HDD hooked up to my dinosaur (read PC) so storage isn't an issue for me, combined with 24/7 unlimited internet I can simply set my aged beast to upload overnight if necessary.

I just need to see if I can pick up a decent device within my price range, although I am getting my first pay cheque from my new job in a week or two, so hopefully I will be able to treat myself.

cat
    Lord of Beaver
    Lord of Beaver

Post by Lord of Beaver Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:13 am

When i used to record videos of runescape on my computer i just used widnows movie editor. Was basic, could cut, trim, add music, add some transitions, just the basics. Never really got into the whole montage expert stuff though.

I too was looking about getting a capture card. And i think what president was talking about is the Dazzle capture card. The same one i was looking at. It connects to your PC while your playing through some cords and you click record on your computer when you want it to start recording your gameplay. You can see what it is recording on your computer through the little screen and such. Hell you could even play watching your computer and that little screen if you wanted lol.

Anyways, ive done stuff like that, but not on that huge of a scale. It seems like we would have to clear a lobby for that to work, or atleast make it a private match and have full teams. That seems like one hell of a project and has to be right the first time haha. Looks fun!
    PR3SIDENT
    PR3SIDENT

Post by PR3SIDENT Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 am

Moliat wrote:At the moment only Stormtrooper has a capture card in DFA, meaning it's good news we could get another.

As for video editing, we haven't done any lately, so I can't speak for all of DFA. We will however be recording, editing and publishing a new recruitment video this summer in anticipation of BF3, so we will need both more capture cards and video editors by that time.

Storm I have some great ideas for a recruitment video. I'd love to talk about them with you and whomever else needs to be involved in the decision making process.
    STORMTROOPER729
    STORMTROOPER729

Post by STORMTROOPER729 Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:49 am

TheHellKat wrote:I don't suppose you have a link of a similar (or same) item that is avaliable in the UK?

I currently have a 1Tb External HDD hooked up to my dinosaur (read PC) so storage isn't an issue for me, combined with 24/7 unlimited internet I can simply set my aged beast to upload overnight if necessary.

I just need to see if I can pick up a decent device within my price range, although I am getting my first pay cheque from my new job in a week or two, so hopefully I will be able to treat myself.

cat

Here you go cheers http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/buy/wtob_etailers.html

I also upload mine overnight, when I'm sleeping. Usually set 3 to upload and they are done by morning or sometimes it freezes, again because my computer is crap.
    STORMTROOPER729
    STORMTROOPER729

Post by STORMTROOPER729 Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:56 am

Lord of Beaver wrote:
    Anyways, ive done stuff like that, but not on that huge of a scale. It seems like we would have to clear a lobby for that to work, or atleast make it a private match and have full teams. That seems like one hell of a project and has to be right the first time haha. Looks fun!

Yup, has to be a private match. When you watch their video they had like 4 different clans helping them, but most of the other clans only had like 2-3 other guys in them though.
    STORMTROOPER729
    STORMTROOPER729

Post by STORMTROOPER729 Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:02 am

PR3SIDENT wrote:
    Storm I have some great ideas for a recruitment video. I'd love to talk about them with you and whomever else needs to be involved in the decision making process.

We have be talking about a new one here https://deathfromabove.forumotion.com/t517p60-new-dfa-recruitment-video?highlight=Recruitment but it kinda died off or other people are still doing stuff in the background. But if you got an idea go for it.

The next time we get at least 8+ free guys that can play for awhile I will set up a private match and get something started.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:24 am