Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Lightning

PR3SIDENT
    PR3SIDENT

Lightning  Empty Lightning

Post by PR3SIDENT Fri May 27, 2011 10:10 am

Hey Gents,

I just wanted to be precautionary and give you a heads up that Alabama had some pretty bad storms last night, almost 1700 recorded lightning strikes. One of these strikes was on our largest satellite office building which has fried about $35,000 worth of office & networking equipment. I am over the company's IT and Network needs, and while I have contracted out most of the labor to get this particular building up and running, I will need to be there to assist, manage, and help with needs. This office is about 4 hours from home...which means... No XBL for this weekend. I very much enjoy gaming with you guys, and hope this heads up can allow this to not negatively impact my standing with the clan or trial period. pale

Apologies again for being away this weekend... Happy Hunting, see you Monday.

P.S: Did you know the power in 1 lightning bolt could power new york city for 10 minutes? Did you know that the force of a Category 5 Hurricane a single hurricane releases the energy (in the form of heat energy, and 10% of that converts to the form of mechanical energy (wind power)) equal to a 10-megaton thermonuclear bomb every 20 MINUTES. and therefore, ONE hurricane releases more energy than ALL the nuclear bombs ever created, ever... Weather is some CRAZY SHIT.
    Lord of Beaver
    Lord of Beaver

Lightning  Empty Re: Lightning

Post by Lord of Beaver Fri May 27, 2011 10:35 am

Wow....i was out of school and thought i was done learning, never mind that!!! You just educated me sir!!! Good luck and see you soon!
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Fri May 27, 2011 10:45 am

Don't worry. Well, about your membership in DFA, that is. Take your time, and as much as we appreciate (and expect) the heads up, there is no way we will let real life situations negatively impact membership or trials, what so ever. Real life comes first, always. In DFA we just like to respect each other by communicating and therefore staying organized, is all.

I also hear your numbers regarding hurricanes, and raise you with a quote from an article I once wrote for an IB student magazine:
    "... when the giant clump of rock (the dino-killer) plunged into the ocean bedrock over 65 million years ago, it produced a force of 100 million megatons of TNT, a force equivalent to that which is produced in total if a Hiroshima nuclear bomb would go off every second for 140 years."
    PR3SIDENT
    PR3SIDENT

Post by PR3SIDENT Fri May 27, 2011 10:47 am

Holy shit... The dinosaurs got "Double Tapped" like Osama..
    PR3SIDENT
    PR3SIDENT

Post by PR3SIDENT Mon May 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Back online tonight. 43 hours of labor later, beyond fustrated... Mother nature is a bitch. I'm ready to kill newbs tonight.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon May 30, 2011 2:38 pm

I hope you face n00bs then, because there's nothing more frustrating, then beeing tired, grumpy, and get owned and owned and owned again by some top players lol
    PR3SIDENT
    PR3SIDENT

Post by PR3SIDENT Mon May 30, 2011 2:43 pm

That's impossible when all the top players are on your team with DFA in their name
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon May 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Trust me, they have this this gut feeling who sucks or something..
    I have had SO MANY times, that I ran / covered with 4(or more) DFA members, and I was the only one dying ..

It's like having this big flashy arrow above my head with the text, "his name is Kenny so he should die"
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Mon May 30, 2011 4:32 pm

When they're close enough for your Gamertag to show up over your head, that's what happens, Kenny...
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Mon May 30, 2011 5:30 pm

You should've come on earlier (or later?), you missed out on a great set of games with 8 DFA vs 8 DFA on a private server, playing Oasis as attackers and defenders one time each. The total game took like 2 hours for that single map.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Mon May 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Moliat wrote:The total game took like 2 hours for that single map.
    No doubt.
    PR3SIDENT
    PR3SIDENT

Post by PR3SIDENT Mon May 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Sorry I missed it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 am