Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
cmbtking
IrishKing
DentedBullet
7 posters

Back to Karkand

DentedBullet
    DentedBullet

Back to Karkand Empty Back to Karkand

Post by DentedBullet Wed May 11, 2011 4:00 am

At the end of each Battlefield 3 trailer, you might have noticed a little closing message saying, "Pre-order the Limited Edition to get 'Back to Karkand' Expansion pack at no extra charge". Well now DICE has released the first details on the pack and what it will include.

'Back to Karkand' will bundle four classic multiplayer maps taken from Battlefield 2 as well as classic weapons and vehicles, unique rewards and even new achievements. All four maps have been revealed and will feature a layout very similar to the original BF2 versions. They are:

Strike at Karkand
    Wake Island
    Gulf of Oman
    Sharqi Peninsula

All of the maps have been completely remastered using Battlefield 3's cutting edge Frostbite 2 engine, but now word has yet been given on how much the pack will cost for those who don't pre-order the Limited Edition of the game.

For picture from one of the maps check here http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8327-Battlefield-3-s--Back-To-Karkand--Pre-Order-DLC-Detailed.html
    IrishKing
    IrishKing

Back to Karkand Empty Re: Back to Karkand

Post by IrishKing Wed May 11, 2011 9:12 am

Well definitely will pre-order it now so that I can get the bonuses.
    cmbtking
    cmbtking

Post by cmbtking Thu May 12, 2011 8:40 pm

those maps are the best maps ever made for any battlefield game...im so pumped for this
    ChinaDarwin44
    ChinaDarwin44

Post by ChinaDarwin44 Fri May 13, 2011 6:59 am

Such BS having that much done for a Limited Edition....Now I'll have to fork out for the game and this DLC just to be able to play with others with ease...I mean we'll all have to have this for the clan? Otherwise, being in matches where we all don't have the same maps/editions...just creates issues...

Hopefully they keep the current model of "Free" VIP map packs, but honestly that was shit too b/c they just let you used different maps for different modes, nothing really new, just "unlocked"...more ways to milk us....Glad I live in China, bite me EA!
    reclaimer_117
    reclaimer_117

Post by reclaimer_117 Fri May 13, 2011 7:08 am

You do realize that the limited edition is the same price as the regular edition right?
    DentedBullet
    DentedBullet

Post by DentedBullet Fri May 13, 2011 7:18 am

I think he means he has to buy it legit not pirated like the majority of Chinese population.
    Adun
    Adun

Post by Adun Sat May 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Gulf of Oman<33
    Falls
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls Sat May 14, 2011 7:47 pm

I think I pre-ordered in March, pretty much the same day I heard about this. Karkand alone sold me on the pre-order, but the others are going to be epic awesome yummyness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:56 pm