Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
CrushNZ
Kebozam
6 posters

Map room, time to Plan!!

Kebozam
    Kebozam
    Insurance Salesman
    Insurance Salesman

Map room, time to Plan!! Empty Map room, time to Plan!!

Post by Kebozam Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:53 pm

I started this as a joke to crush but think if we make a few standard icons to symbolise tactics, mortar fire, cover fire, flanking positions we could come up with a number of good battle plans that are simple to read and easy to understand.

So for you enjoyment here is my epic battle plan!!!

Map room, time to Plan!! Isla-i11

https://i.servimg.com/u/f72/15/92/69/05/isla-i11.jpg
    CrushNZ
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Map room, time to Plan!! Empty Re: Map room, time to Plan!!

Post by CrushNZ Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:15 am

See if that got tidied up and was made a tad more formal I would post that as an image guide on my site Kebo. Me likey.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:17 am

I like the way you wrote it down, "Be kind and snipe here plox" / Fly or drive around island to piss of defenders" / "Steal their chopper, pisses off other team"

Win.
    lol
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:24 am

I love the casual approach with the explanations, but the tactics themselves are what we are using indeed. Especially on the last set of M-COMs where smoke = happy days.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:26 am

Smoke = win
    Kebozam
    Kebozam
    Insurance Salesman
    Insurance Salesman

Post by Kebozam Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:27 pm

As crush suggested I made a more formal copy, I still wanna make it more pretty and simpler to read. so tell me your thoughts.

Map room, time to Plan!! Isla-i12

https://i.servimg.com/u/f72/15/92/69/05/isla-i12.jpg
    Deffgrippa
    Deffgrippa

Post by Deffgrippa Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:54 pm

I like it but i have some issues with it. 2nd set of m-com's the point on left should and every time be taken first, even if defence is strong because of the fact it is not in a building. And how many snipers would you have for the 1st set of m-com?
    Kebozam
    Kebozam
    Insurance Salesman
    Insurance Salesman

Post by Kebozam Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:50 am

Deffgrippa wrote:I like it but i have some issues with it. 2nd set of m-com's the point on left should and every time be taken first, even if defence is strong because of the fact it is not in a building. And how many snipers would you have for the 1st set of m-com?

I see your point on those two. yes taking out the non-building mcom first would be better as the enemy team have to protect two instead of focusing on the one.

as for the snipers I may change put suggested sniping point. 1-2 people. Im not really sure on effective sniper numbers so if anyone has a good number let me know.
    Deffgrippa
    Deffgrippa

Post by Deffgrippa Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:19 am

No your sniper point are fine but you want both the snipers to be able to has vision on both m-com's. As for smoke i'm not fan of poping it directly on the m-com i prefer to fire in the direction that the defenders are coming from to disarm to confuse them.
    smoke torture
    smoke torture

Post by smoke torture Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:46 pm

I like the first one better, second one is definitely more professional though.. I especially like the "Murder all retreating soldiers" part. Don't just kill them, alright. MURDER them. Anything less than 1st degree is unacceptable.

btw you can make strategic maps like this on the bc2 site, idk how to get it so you can share them with other people though.. it has symbols and route markers and everything. It's actually called the "War Room," which is what I thought this forum was named after..
    Kebozam
    Kebozam
    Insurance Salesman
    Insurance Salesman

Post by Kebozam Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:58 pm

smoke torture wrote:I like the first one better, second one is definitely more professional though.. I especially like the "Murder all retreating soldiers" part. Don't just kill them, alright. MURDER them. Anything less than 1st degree is unacceptable.

btw you can make strategic maps like this on the bc2 site, idk how to get it so you can share them with other people though.. it has symbols and route markers and everything. It's actually called the "War Room," which is what I thought this forum was named after..

Thanks, I like the first one much better too, fits more to my sense of humour.

I checked out that strategic map maker on the bc2 site, its was ok but I didnt like it that much but I did like the guality of the maps on it.

When I get time I might work on making a few standard symbols, as my goal with this is to make it simple and clear to understand.
    smoke torture
    smoke torture

Post by smoke torture Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 pm

no prob, bob. yeah i was taken aback by the quality of the maps too, you can zoom so far in. I figured thats where the maps in the RAR file that got posted were from(originally).
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:58 am

I'm not sure if I agree with the sniping spot on the western island, first base. Generally it provides little visibility, limiting who you can snipe to those at the extreme western and eastern ends of the island. I generally prefer the hill as it provides visibility over the entire island, and it offers a lot of space for you to move around while being a sniper. Generally I don't like sitting still in a bush, moving sideways except the fraction of a second you fire makes it easy to snipe (adjusting horizontal aim with movement of entire body allows for small adjustments) while it makes you hard to hit.
    smoke torture
    smoke torture

Post by smoke torture Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:18 am

I agree whole-heartedly with Moliat! That is to say, I am flagrantly sucking up to Moliat! Wait- I mean the hill is much better! Those little islands aren't worth it. They are usually the first places I spot snipers when counter-sniping. Hardly any cover and nowhere to go makes them a tough sell IMHO.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:25 am

to be honest that whole hill is mostly covert with a minimum of 3 snipers, wich are scanned every 20 secs or so
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:31 am

KennyMcKillmick wrote:to be honest that whole hill is mostly covert with a minimum of 3 snipers, wich are scanned every 20 secs or so

If you have ammo, which you will, as a DFA sniper on that hill you could provide a lot of valuable information, killing of priority targets, suppression, spotting and suppressive, if not lethal mortar strikes.

Then again we don't usually play it like that, but in my eyes its the best of the sniper spots, and its easy to defend since you know where the enemies will be flanking from, and you have motion mines for just that purpose.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:35 am

What I mean is, when I defend that, i'm scanning those hills all the time for enoying little snipers, and take them out.

As a sniper, when on that hill, I can't pop my head up for 5 secs before gettign shot at ..

No offense, the role of sniper in that part can be the win or lose, just saying you need to be very fast if you wanna go recon on that hill

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am