Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Speak you're eyes

kakkura49
    kakkura49
    Bullseye!
    Bullseye!

Speak you're eyes Empty Speak you're eyes

Post by kakkura49 Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Figured I'd bring this up.
    Communicating the positions of big baddies (Snipers, tanks, choppers, APC, etc.) in matches is a very major part of a successful squad from my experience in BFBC1, and various other games. It allows a team to assist each other in taking down a potential game changing target.
    I just don't hear a whole lot of that communication in our matches. Not that we don't do it though. You'll hear "apache is up" or "UAV" or "tank at B" and that stuff, but not too often. I'm a new member, so I'm not trying to gripe here, just to advise this. Communication of anything of importance is vital. What's important? If it has potential to kill or cause harm to you or one of your buddies, it's important. I've tried to make it habit to be descriptive of anything relevant, so it seemed good to bring up. -Respectfully, Kakkura.
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Speak you're eyes Empty Re: Speak you're eyes

Post by Abahab Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:31 pm

In my experience with DFA everyone has had pretty good situational awareness and communication.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:46 am

You have a very good point, and I agree with Abe in that DFA has generally been very good at this in the past. However lately we have taken in a lot of new members, and I have experienced in many recent games that we again need to work on our communication. Yesterday we were 4 DFA guys playing against 3 clans on Nelson Bay rush, and honestly they weren't too good, but they knew how to flank. We didn't prevent it well enough simply because we didn't communicate enough. If we saw an enemy, all of us turned at him which exposed the flank, and when someone were killed, they didn't say anything. In general we played well, but the things we need to improve on are the very same things we had improved far back: communication, co-ordinated manouvers and watching our flanks. Communication is, as you say Kakurra, absolutely key. I was thinking about making this topic myself, but you beat me to it Smile
    kakkura49
    kakkura49
    Bullseye!
    Bullseye!

Post by kakkura49 Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Glad to hear it! hahaha
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:59 pm

I echo what Moliat said and agree with Kakkura. (I too was thinking about firing up this thread here, but I'm glad to see that we're talking about it).

It's ironic, since that's one of the best elements and what brought us (well, me anyway...) to joining a clan in the first place - team communication and team tactics that are uber-cool and really only work because you zip around the battlefield like the Harlem Globetrotters; everybody's in sync with everybody's moves; you co-ordinate your actions so that any one person's efforts are multiple times as effective, etc., etc.

Then you have those infamous "Battlefield Moments" ...

cheers

But this we can only do with great communication - and for the most part I think we have it, or have had it in the past; but I'm sure we can all get there again. For a while there the chatter was becoming undisciplined and chaotic (a different problem to work on...) and now it seems to have died down to a quiet lull. With new members and new maps and so forth, I think there is just a certain amount of "Wading in the Muck" going on, and all we really need is to go out on the court and not just dribble the ball around and lazily shoot some baskets, but seriously and aggressively run some plays and work some maneuvers. The communication is such a huge part of that, and gets honed alongside everything else. The event this weekend should be a good opportunity to do just that.

Now all that being said, the other important thing for us to do here (me included), is not get all anal about it...
    Mayhem
    Mayhem

Post by Mayhem Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:26 am

Lets go play some basketball!! Basketball

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm