Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Falls
gdead65
DentedBullet
7 posters

Battlefield 3 To Support 24 Players on Consoles

DentedBullet
    DentedBullet

Battlefield 3 To Support 24 Players on Consoles Empty Battlefield 3 To Support 24 Players on Consoles

Post by DentedBullet Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:30 pm

I wish they had of increased the players to 32. Disappointing

On the PC, Battlefield 3 is set to support 64-players on its online battlegrounds, which is mighty impressive and should make for some pretty incredible large-scale shootery. On consoles however, it looks as though that number is going to remain at 24-players, meaning business as usual for the franchise in the living room.

That's according to the spiel listed on Best Buy, which lists "massive combat with up to 24 players" as one of the game's features as well as being able to drag your buddies to safety and mount a weapon anywhere on terrain as an impromptu defensive measure. Nice.

That's not forgetting DICE's all-new and rather tasty Frostbite 2 Engine, which as you'll already know, boasts some sexy lighting effects. Check out the teaser trailer again and shape up for Battlefield 3 in autumn 2011, soldier.
    gdead65
    gdead65
    GD
    GD

Battlefield 3 To Support 24 Players on Consoles Empty Re: Battlefield 3 To Support 24 Players on Consoles

Post by gdead65 Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:21 pm

I know that it says the "limited" edition has some nice stuff packed inside. BUT when I look at the preorder venues, I do not see the Limited edition as an option to preorder.....
    DentedBullet
    DentedBullet

Battlefield 3 To Support 24 Players on Consoles Empty Re: Battlefield 3 To Support 24 Players on Consoles

Post by DentedBullet Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:51 pm

It might take a few days but you'll get it.
    Falls
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:28 pm

New details from DICE BF3 senior designer Alan Kertz via his twitter, addressing some common questions. Sounds good to me!

Yes, there will be spotting.

Dolphin Diving is out. Period.

Vehicle/Infantry balance is a focus for me, it will be awesome this time.

No plans for ziplines or grapple hooks no.

Yes, prone is on all platforms.

BF3 will be deeper than BF2. That said we've paid a lot of attention to keeping depth while pacing the learning curve.

BF3 is the sequel to BF2. It's not BC3.

Friendly Fire will be an option, yes.

No comment on commander.

Yes, there is bullet drop. Doesn't work the same as BC2 though, it's a much deeper system.

No, no tracer darts. That's a bit too BC and not enough BF.

No, I won't confirm any vehicles from the teaser.

One of the cities is Tehran... Yes, yes there will be sand.
    CrushNZ
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Ugh
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:38 am

64 players isn't fun though, but yeah 32 or 40 would have been better
    CrushNZ
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 am

The ability to have 64 is awesome though..
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:16 am

64 is a bit overkill in my opinion, 36 is the perfect number as I see it, and it would be sweet if consoles could support that.
    CrushNZ
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:22 am

Only getting 24 though.. Sad

I really need to find some money for a PC. It's becoming more and more evident that the only reason I would want to continue to play console is for you guys, not that I've played in awhile.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:02 am

CrushNZ wrote:Only getting 24 though.. Sad

I really need to find some money for a PC. It's becoming more and more evident that the only reason I would want to continue to play console is for you guys, not that I've played in awhile.

not sure yet, will probably get updated to 32 man
    Falls
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:38 am

I bet if DICE is just saying that because of Frostbite 2. I'd rather have bug free 24 man servers than, buggy, laggy crash prone 32/36/42 player servers. If they can make it work, I'll bet they will.
    Max
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Post by Max Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:47 am

If the maps are the same size as BF2 or 2142, 64 players can easily fit in, and god I hope there is a command system like the PC battlefields.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am