Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
alzatea
Moliat
Kazo64
Forum Owner
Kebozam
9 posters

2 to 4 mans squads

Kebozam
    Kebozam
    Insurance Salesman
    Insurance Salesman

2 to 4 mans squads Empty 2 to 4 mans squads

Post by Kebozam Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:20 am

had a kick ass game with Crushnz tonight, he used a great tactic of splitting our 4 man squad in two. using that we were able to co-ordinate hold A and B in rush for the entire game. we were also able to back up the other 2 man squad as well.

that game me an idea for games where we have a full 2 squads.

take squad 1 of 4 people and squad 2 of 4 people. now take 2 people from squad 1 and 2 from squad 2 to make a 4 man squad and take objective A, While the remaining 2 members of squads 1 and 2 merge and take B.

My reasoning for this is keeping spawning locations spread out giving the players the ability to spawn on the most contested area to back up the other squad if need be.

Let me know what you think on this and if you can maybe a clearer way to describe what I have posted.
    Forum Owner
    Forum Owner

2 to 4 mans squads Empty Re: 2 to 4 mans squads

Post by Forum Owner Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:22 am

Conquest* Smile
    Kebozam
    Kebozam
    Insurance Salesman
    Insurance Salesman

Post by Kebozam Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:25 am

Crush wrote:Conquest* Smile

lol cant even remember which game mode is which
    Kazo64
    Kazo64
    From Behind!
    From Behind!

Post by Kazo64 Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:32 am

well if 1 place is being over runned then if the 2 guys in 1 squad dies they cant support the same place. : /
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:59 am

I honestly think it's a good idea, and we've actually started doing something similar recently. For instance on Isla Innocentes (Rush) we have 2 full squads. One guy from each squad gets in a chopper and they keep driving it at a safe distance, providing covering fire and the roles of a transport helicopter, but also providing a spawn point for both squads. We need to keep such spawn points alone so that we can keep hammering a position rather than wiping and having to run all the way from the spawn again.
    alzatea
    alzatea

Post by alzatea Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:36 am

that's brilliant
    zxcoolbird
    zxcoolbird

Post by zxcoolbird Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:43 am

I remember suggesting something like this before to moliat and he said it wouldn't work
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:08 pm

zxcoolbird wrote:I remember suggesting something like this before to moliat and he said it wouldn't work

What? scratch
    zxcoolbird
    zxcoolbird

Post by zxcoolbird Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:28 am

Yeah I suggested it in game that we would separate a 4 man squad into 2 to set up a flank and then you said something like it wouldn't work because one man would have to rely on the other guy
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 pm

zxcoolbird wrote:... because one man would have to rely on the other guy

We have that case all the time though :p
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:10 pm

I remember in my pre-DFA days, Max and I would consistently kick ass as a two man squad.
    kakkura49
    kakkura49
    Bullseye!
    Bullseye!

Post by kakkura49 Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Personally I think a two man squad is an excellent idea, But only if there are smart enough to keep a low profile and not do anything foolish, or if there are enough people in the area they are operating in. Because two men can't accomplish a victory against an m1a2-bradley or uh-64 apache without using a bit of stealth and tactic. And if you ARE going all out, they will be less attractive to enemy guns if there are others surrounding them.

It's like this; Say you see b 10+ hostiles. You're probably not going to get the two that are after a specific target, and working together. at least not BOTH. Meaning if the enemy sees a large group of us, in worst case, he will take out a good portion and be overwhelmed by the rest of us, and we recover. Whereas if it were two man, he'd only need to kill two of us, and we need to reset.
    _
    However, I think this is a very good idea, given the capability of the DFA members in matches. Our matches are usually very tactical. And using a two man squad would allow for more tactics to be employed for taking out campers, tanks, groups, or cover and support, so on and so forth. A thing like this though, requires more practice, and technique.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:43 pm

I agree overall. A good tactic that has been used in the past and should be used in the future. Like anything, occasionally it will not work, and as long as we aren't 'stuck' on this or any other tactic then we should be able to capitalize on the uses thereof...
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:10 pm

Another thought I had, which can be part of this "split-squad" concept or as its own thing: task specific squads.

We do this already sometimes. It can be as simple as one squad covering one M-Comm Station or Left Flank and the other squad covering the other, to more specific tasks such as destroying a tank, helicopter, enemy nest in a particular building, etc.

In the case of the "split-squad" concept, for instance, on Valparaiso in one game at the beginning (defending) we had two squads covering one side each; within each squad (I believe this is how it went down... ) when their Blackhawk went up or we could hear a Tank coming, specific people would be 'tasked' with dealing with the threat.

On a different note, if you really want to use a tank effectively then it is best to back it up with 1 or 2 Engineers (to repair and kill infantry threats) and at least one Medic (to keep the Engineers alive). They could either be all from the same squad or from different squads 'tasked' with that particular job.

Anyway, I notice often in games that the tide of things jams up until a specific problem or issue on the board is handled, and having 'task specific' squads or individuals (or 2 man teams from the same or different squads) to do this is... the idea.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:07 am

riafomh wrote:... to do this is... the idea.

And it's a good one. It's also one I have tried doing to a greater extent lately, but it requires the communication and coordination efforts from every member of the squads in question. This we should absolutely have at hand, so I see no reason not to continue with it Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content