Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
GtaPsycho
TheHellKat
xArc of Godx
Moliat
Assau1tKing
KennyMcKillmick
UnderADyingSun
11 posters

Flight School

UnderADyingSun
    UnderADyingSun

Flight School Empty Flight School

Post by UnderADyingSun Tue May 17, 2011 1:41 am

First off, Psycho this topic DOES NOT apply to you :P

So, if anyone is interested, tommorow I'll be practicing my heli flight via onslaught. Most BC2 pilots circle jerk it like a mad man w/ the attack heli's and I want to be, shamelessly, one to count myself in. I think it's important for all of us to know how to fall back on these vehicles, they can be game changers. It would be nice to have a gunner who can pass observation from a different perspective, and as well we can share the flight seat and vocalize what we see as being helpful.

That being said, anybody interested, atleast, in how to dive bomb correctly from a plane with no target designation, manual or electronic, can join me in 1943. For what its worth, I'm certain the bombing will not change in the shift to BF3. It'll be line of sight guys, I don't think any of us want to see target locks from jets on our ground vehicles, and I'm sure dice has reconciled the balance.

KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Flight School Empty Re: Flight School

Post by KennyMcKillmick Tue May 17, 2011 3:42 am

Everyone that has been my gunner can honestly say, I fly like a madman in an Apache lol.
    Assau1tKing
    Assau1tKing

Post by Assau1tKing Tue May 17, 2011 9:08 am

Yeah I have been practicing my heli flying recently on onslaught and feel Iam very close to being perfect (pefect being what I need to be able to do in my eyes) . And my plane skills in 1943 are very good already.
    If you want a gunner for onslaught to give you advice I will gladly try to be of use.
    And Kenny you ARE a madman in the apache ;D
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue May 17, 2011 9:24 am

I've been flying helicopters in the Battlefield series actively since Battlefield Vietnam. I'm not claiming to be an expert here, but I dare say I know my way around helicopter maneuvering.

I'm willing to be your gunner, make observations and relay advice. I am also more than willing to be the pilot to give instructions, if there's an interest for that.
    xArc of Godx
    xArc of Godx

Post by xArc of Godx Tue May 17, 2011 9:41 am

I am horrible in all aspects regarding the helicopters in this game. So I could definitely use some type of a 'Flight School'.
    Assau1tKing
    Assau1tKing

Post by Assau1tKing Tue May 17, 2011 9:44 am

Well if you have onslaught it seems like me and Moliat are both happy to help improve you.
    If you have onslaught im online now ? Very Happy
    Assau1tKing
    Assau1tKing

Post by Assau1tKing Tue May 17, 2011 10:02 am

Oh and dont get the wrong idea guys (Iam NOT the best) Iam however close to perfect in my eye like I said but having said that I will ALWAYS TAKE ADVICE from all of you.
    Just wanted to say that so you guys didn't think I was THE BEST. I aspire to Kuddles flying.
    Bow KurnalKuddles
    TheHellKat
    TheHellKat

Post by TheHellKat Tue May 17, 2011 10:33 am

Heh I can just about keep a helo in the air when im flying one, I am most definately not the best pilot around.
    I also kinda suck with tank shooting at long ranges, im good as a gunner in almost all vehicles however and im always willing to grap the repair tool to help out.
    GtaPsycho
    GtaPsycho

Post by GtaPsycho Tue May 17, 2011 10:48 am

Im sure anyone willing to learn will be Air Certified In no time. afro
    TheHellKat
    TheHellKat

Post by TheHellKat Tue May 17, 2011 10:53 am

Im more than willing to learn, I have no misconceptions about my skills in Battlefield, after all I am still fairly new to the series.

But to be perfectly honest, as much as I would love to learn how to fly helicopters ingame, I am more concerned about my infantry skills, there is definately room for improvement there and thats more than likely what I will be called on to display.
    UnderADyingSun
    UnderADyingSun

Post by UnderADyingSun Tue May 17, 2011 11:43 am

Great guys, and Moliat I really would appreciate your input as well, I hope I can catch you on today.

Ownage, sounds good bro. Honestly, the thing that inspired me was Pyscho's tight turning maneuver. I practiced my circle strafing a bit the other day, and think I have it down to oh say within an area the size of two spaced out tanks, but the tighter circles seem to elude me.

Really hope to catch some of our bloodthirsty warriors from across the sea's on today
    Dolo
    Dolo

Post by Dolo Tue May 17, 2011 11:47 am

Yah man if you need any more help I will be online and have no problem helping a brother out!!
    XIIIXIIIXIIIXI(Bob)
    XIIIXIIIXIIIXI(Bob)

Post by XIIIXIIIXIIIXI(Bob) Tue May 17, 2011 1:19 pm

UUUU sign me up for that too, don't want to be an AA-minced-meat anymore especially when it comes to Havocs, Is it me or they're much slower and less agile than Apaches? Seems to take ages before I can get them spinning
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 pm

For those who might be interested, in BF2 you could rule the sky by flying an apache ALONE.
    The gunnerseat could switch to TV guided missle, meaning you could guide the missle by clicking in a direction in your screen.
    It's pretty harsh, but when I practised offline I made a video about it.

It's not pro or anything, but goof fun ^^
    oh and I LOVE the kill on 2.15 lol
    Lord of Beaver
    Lord of Beaver

Post by Lord of Beaver Sat May 21, 2011 8:48 am

I got the black hawk down pretty good, but i need help with the havoc and apache. Just cant get those down to where i can fly them in circles and whatnot. If anyone has any advice or wants to help me, im on all the time basically or send me a friend request or message and we can work it.
    Dark Star
    Dark Star

Post by Dark Star Mon May 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Well, I've had first hand experience with Helicopters. I was given a tour of a Royal Navy Air base a while ago and as part of the tour we were allowed 20 minutes flight time in a flight training sim. I finished with the highest score of my group and excelled at landing on Navy ships and flying in rough weather ( The instruments really are helpful...even if they look confusing! )So it can be said in real life...I have a semi-knowledge of how to pilot a Sea king Navy rescue helicopter...

Shame my in-game skills aren't so good Sad
    TheHellKat
    TheHellKat

Post by TheHellKat Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:15 am

I've been praticing my flying skills ingame using the Onslaught game mode as 2 of the 4 maps give you access to helicopters, one transport and the other attack.

I can now reliably fly both types of helicopter (after many many hours pratice), I can't get the attack heli into a strafe spin yet, well not a complete one, I can start one I just can't hold it yet.

I've also been praticing going evasive and evading incomming HMG fire, which is a bit tricky at times. AA guns still give me a lot of trouble however.

Im not confident in being able to drop the heli on a dime like kuddles does on Atacama Desert to destroy the VADS, but I can land them pretty close to where I am aiming at now, I just have to remember to watch my horizion as i've flipped a couple of time when trying to land at a bad angle.

P.s. Thanks to Nova for being my gunner on the Atacama Desert Onslaught map, we kept the same helo from the start of the match to the last few seconds... would have kept it for the whole match but I made a mistake and flew in over the enemy base too low and clipped the tail on a sniper tower, we both survived, but we lost the helo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am