Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Falls
Max
6 posters

Some Interesting Reading

Poll

What do you do?

[ 6 ]
    Some Interesting Reading I_vote_lcap60%Some Interesting Reading I_vote_rcap [60%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Some Interesting Reading I_vote_lcap20%Some Interesting Reading I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Some Interesting Reading I_vote_lcap20%Some Interesting Reading I_vote_rcap [20%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Max
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Some Interesting Reading Empty Some Interesting Reading

Post by Max Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:42 am

Falls
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Some Interesting Reading Empty Re: Some Interesting Reading

Post by Falls Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:01 am

I think a new poll is in order....
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:09 am

Well, that was some interesting reading, I also took the liberty of adding a poll.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 am

In many (especially Arab) countries they don't have a 'toilet bowl' per se, just a hole in the ground in the back room or outhouse or some such. EVERYBODY stands. TO DO THEIR BUSINESS, and apparently if you grow up doing it one way and your muscles get accustomed to that then it's very 'unnatural' and difficult for you to try to do it the other way. That's why if you travel to the cultural melting pots like Monacco, etc., and you use the 'western' toilets stalls, you'll see the shoe marks on the toilet seat where they've stood up on the thing to go (imagine the 'splash-downs' from that...).

<After Edit - added a third option to the poll....>
    ChinaDarwin44
    ChinaDarwin44

Post by ChinaDarwin44 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:42 am

riafomh wrote:In many (especially Arab) countries they don't have a 'toilet bowl' per se, just a hole in the ground in the back room or outhouse or some such. EVERYBODY stands. TO DO THEIR BUSINESS, and apparently if you grow up doing it one way and your muscles get accustomed to that then it's very 'unnatural' and difficult for you to try to do it the other way. That's why if you travel to the cultural melting pots like Monacco, etc., and you use the 'western' toilets stalls, you'll see the shoe marks on the toilet seat where they've stood up on the thing to go (imagine the 'splash-downs' from that...).

<After Edit - added a third option to the poll....>

Spot on Ria, your exactly right. United Arab Emirates had toilets everywhere, but I know other mid-east countries don't.

In China, its called a "squatter" b/c you squat to take a shit like you're in the woods, except over a porcelain bowl, or sometimes a hole in the ground, or sometimes a concrete troth that might get cleaned regularly, and might not have been cleaned since the cultural revolution...maybe they set fire to them eventually...

I have toilets in my home, but prefer Chinese style toilets in public, as millions of people are using the toilets, and most are standing on them.

It doesn't come easy, for the first couple of months after I moved here I refused to use the toilets, until one day at work I couldn't hold it...went to the top floor to find the cleanest one where I could be alone, took off my pants, as I wasn't sure how to avoid shitting on them and wiping my ass afterwards....eventually figured it all out, and I'm comfortably using them now...many other expats here aren't though.

Also, I never knew they stood on them until I was at a KTV and one of the girls went to the toilet at our private bathroom, and I accidently opened the door and saw her standing, I shut the door and went to ask my hosts WTF?
    Max
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Post by Max Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Yeah, but do they wipe in the squatting position, or stand up? I was blown away to find that people do it standing up, so much so I had to share.
    xArc of Godx
    xArc of Godx

Post by xArc of Godx Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Bizarre topic.

Stander for life. I suppose its just more comfortable and putting my hand that close to the toilet seat just weirds me out, even if I am cleaning shit off my ass. You can't just stand straight up and wipe your ass though like one of the emailers said who is clearly new to the ass cleaning game, you have to give a bit of a squat (nothing drastic, just a slight bend of the knee perhaps) otherwise you are going to leave some behind.

Glad I could share my experiences with you fine gentlemen. Until next time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content