Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Deffgrippa
airwafflecake
Kazo64
gdead65
Moliat
9 posters

World of Warcraft

Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

World of Warcraft Empty World of Warcraft

Post by Moliat Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:59 am

Some of the screenshots I found from my prime days in WoW The Burning Crusade.

Raiding

Serpentshrine Cavern
    World of Warcraft WoWScrnShot_031708_195801

Black Temple
    World of Warcraft WoWScrnShot_022508_210407

I have a ton of screenshots from raids, but few from boss kills. At those times I was usually more occupied with the loot than taking pictures...

Raiding instances I cleared pre-nerf in TBC, killing all bosses:

• Karazhan
    • Zul'Aman
    • Gruul's Lair
    • Tempest Keep
    • Serpentshrine Cavern
    • Mount Hyjal
    • Black Temple
    • Sunwell Plateau

My gear at the end of the day, I'm the second from the right. The others were the rest of the clan/guild 's hunter class crew.
    World of Warcraft WoWScrnShot_092808_151717

If you don't recognise the aesthetics, but the names:

• Head: Illidan's headband
    • Neck: from sunwell plateau trash
    • Shoulder: Tier 6
    • Chest: Tier 6
    • Wrists: Tier 6
    • Gloves: Tier 6
    • Waist: Belt from a boss in SWP (can't recall which)
    • Pants: Kalecgos (first boss in SWP) drop
    • Feet: Boots from Gorefiend (BT)
    • Primary weapon: Warglaive from SWP trash
    • Ranged weapon: Illidan's black bow
    • Ring 1: Illidan's ring
    • Ring 2: Ring from Zul'Aman last boss

The trinkets I can't recall, the mount was Amani War Bear and the flying mount was a Nether Drake.

I don't like bragging but I'm proud, because it was the absolutely best equipment you could get. Apart from the Legendary bow that could drop from Kil'jaeden (last boss SWP), but it never did for me. The thing I like the best with all this was that we cleared it before the large nerfs hit, making everything easy. Don't get me wrong, you still had to be among the best to clear it then, but before that it was hell. On Brutallus I reached the server hunter peak sustained damage output of 3400 dps (in TBC!), 2000 was considered good for raiding.

Player Versus Player
    I wasn't a huge PvP player, but I was brought along in some arena matches in my PvE outfit (maxed damage). The rest of the team would keep the other team in place for a few seconds, while I dished out and maxed the damage output. The result was often this:
    World of Warcraft 5v5pwnage

If I was touched, I would die. But the team tactic was literally "Keep Moliat alive and let he do his thing". It worked until we faced some of the best teams, as they would go straight for me.

I also played some battlegrounds with a friend to just relax entirely:
    World of Warcraft IMBAHHunterownage

He was a PvP priest protecting me, literally following me around and keeping me alive, while I was there in my PvE outfit dishing out the damage I would in raids. With some AddOns I kept track of how long it took from engagement to the target was dead. I think my record with a 19.000 health warrior was 2 seconds, almost exactly. Maxed out buffs and cooldowns and sent everything I had at him.

I want to show this screenshot of the chat simply because it's awesome.
    World of Warcraft WoWScrnShot_040708_210804

To explain: Lenna only had one testicle.

That's enough bragging on my part. I needed a moral uplift, and I guess this was my cheesy way :p

Share your WoW experiences!
    gdead65
    gdead65
    GD
    GD

World of Warcraft Empty Re: World of Warcraft

Post by gdead65 Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:27 am

Your Pet's name was <PetWussy>....lol
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:34 am

gdead65 wrote:Your Pet's name was <PetWussy>....lol

Yeah, another thing that became "famous" on the server 👅

The emotion commands were cool with it, for instance if I targeted you in-game and wrote "/lick", the chat would say "Moliat licks gdead65".

Similar commands existed for /love, /kiss and /sniff. Good times Very Happy
    Kazo64
    Kazo64
    From Behind!
    From Behind!

Post by Kazo64 Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:14 pm

I have more fun when i play BC2 than whaen i was playing wow...it was more of a drug^^
    airwafflecake
    airwafflecake

Post by airwafflecake Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:42 pm

omg moliat a WoW nerd wtf, still shocked. What made u switch over to xbox??
    Deffgrippa
    Deffgrippa

Post by Deffgrippa Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:15 am

How the hell could you see anything with all the add ons? lol
    Sp4
    Sp4

Post by Sp4 Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:09 am

I played WoW after a friend of mine gave me the game, 3 expansion packs and 2 months of game time. I got bored after 2 weeks, haven't touched it since.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:33 am

Deffgrippa wrote:How the hell could you see anything with all the add ons? lol

Well, I had an addon for the portraits as the standard ones don't show much. I also had Omen threatmeter to know if the enemies would start attacking me, and MainTank showing all the tanks, the primary dps and their respective targets.

I also had Quartz for a more accurate casting bar. It accounted for lag, hence it allowed me to start a cast 0.2 seconds (roughly) before I normally would do it, increasing my dps.

I had Bartender4 for the action bars, keeping everything in the same place made it far easier to access things quickly. My spreadsheet calculations showed my dps increased by 10% by using this addon simply because I could more quickly access cooldowns and pet abilities.

Then there's the damage meters, keeping track of the damage done by everyone in the raid group to the boss, me being 4th.

It took a heavy hit for my fps though, bringing it down to about 14 when a lot of stuff happened.

The AddOns you see there are in a raid, where you need a lot of information flowing to keep track of everything.

The last above picture shows how it was when I wasn't raiding Smile

xDN5xKiller wrote:omg moliat a WoW nerd wtf, still shocked. What made u switch over to xbox??

Because things became too easy. I to work at it for half a year to get the gear I had, then the new expansion hit and everything became so easy. I loved the challenge and the intense teamwork needed to overcome it.

No challenge, no teamwork, no fun.

I've been trying to run DFA in the same spirit as my WoW clan/guild ever since, with an emphasis on professional teamplay while having a blast with mature people.
    xArc of Godx
    xArc of Godx

Post by xArc of Godx Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:21 am

I played WoW for a long time, actually met a good friend of mine through the game. We were in the same guild and I found out he literally lived one street over from me.

We cleared MC and BWL when it came out, I was in Nightslayer with two pieces of Bloodfang, I was the first rogue to get Bloodfang Shoulders on my server as we were the second guild to down Chromaggus. We only ran PvE to get our Paladins and Rogues geared for PvP.

Like a wise man once said, PvE is meant to be beaten.. PvP isn't. So we focused mainly on PvP, literally made the top PvP Horde guild server transfer after repeatedly trashing them in BGs as Arenas were not out yet. After that competition was down, we offered three thousand gold (which was quite a bit back then) to any team that could beat us. We had some Horde PvE guilds give it a try, some even gave semi decent competition but we never had to pay.

When the first expansion came I didn't have much urge to play as all the core members of my guild had quit. But against my better judgement I kept on. We had a season one fives arena team that reached 2200 rating.. After that first season I'd had enough.. I decided I now hated this game. I quit and I am the better for it.

Favorite quote while playing WoW...

"You know why you're on the B Team? Because there's no fucking C Team."

Those are my WoW experiences...

Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:33 am

PvP, eh? I never went that way. I mean, I participated in some arena matches in full PvE outfit, but it didn't really do much good against good teams.

PvP was never my cup of tea after TBC, but Alterac Valley in vanilla was awesome, 24-hour battle where people actually fought with frontlines. Good times!
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:45 am

I played WoW for like 3/4 years, but then my CPU crashed and I still haven't got the money to get a new one .. sad.
    I got a lot of friends playing, that's why I play WoW, it's fun with friends!
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:45 am

Oh btw, Hunter FTW!
    xArc of Godx
    xArc of Godx

Post by xArc of Godx Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:58 am

I got burnt out on PvE too easily I suppose. PvP just held my attention much better. Though the PvE gear when I was playing would absolutely annihilate things in PvP. I was a rogue in full PvE gear, Tier 1 and some Tier 2 and I wrecked rogues in their PvP gear. I would watch PvP geared rogues having a hard time with mages and I would pop out of stealth and have them down in three hits. I would hear constantly about how a rogue can't take a priest and I never had too much of an issue with them. Back then the survivability that the PvP gear gave to a rogue didn't compare to the damage output that the PvE gear gave in my opinion. So PvE was a necessary evil for me.

Also, AV was fun at a time. It got to the point though that the server I was on would literally run past everybody and make it a PvE BG, see who could down the Boss first. I loved staying behind as a rogue and picking off their healers on their Boss fight right after he went on a rampage and AoE'd everything to shit. My guild never wanted to run AV.. just WSG and AB.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 pm

I did MC, OL, BWL (only first 2 bosses), ZG and AQ in vanilla. I was in a huge PvE guild and joined when I was 14 (I created my own guild when TBC launched and ended up merging it with what had been the best PvE guild on the server since the beta, how I managed this still beats me), so I didn't get much from the 40-man raids. I was still the rookie, especially considering my age.

I did however have some t1 and the Rhok'delar and Lok'delar bow and staff respectively. I actually had to borrow my brother's computer on Friday and log in for the first time in a year because my account had been hacked. Though I have not played for nearly 2 years, I still want to keep the account. I invested a lot of time into it, and the bank is filled with good 'old stuff.

Plus my Horde-side undead shadow priest has a ton of gold. I deliberately chose alchemy and herbalism to earn money from level 1, so what I did on the server was that I herbed all that I could get, and started investing all my cash into the horde auction house. By level 40 (in TBC) I owned the herbs department of the horde-side auction house. I would buy out every new stack, and put it out there again 5 or 10 golds more expensive. A basic rule I had was always buy out and raise the price by 25% with one stack, then log on to my second character on the server and post a ton of stacks where I under-priced myself with 5%.

It worked every time, raising the price by 20% making people believe it was a fully functional auction house. It was a huge server, and I owned a fifth of the economy by the time I was level 40.

Sadly this was all on my alternative character's server, so I didn't reap the rewards with my main: dwarf hunter. I had to work my ass off for an epic mount in vanilla, and getting the Netherdrake was a bitch. I did however get the Amani War bear, which less than 1% of all players have, and is not available to get anymore.

Good times!
    Deffgrippa
    Deffgrippa

Post by Deffgrippa Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:37 am

I starting playing wow less than a month to the release of WOtlk.I ended up played Wow for about 1.5-2years as an alliance then switched to Horde and never looked back. I played a dual weild fury warrior and couple of other classes.
    L4N6Y

Post by L4N6Y Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:16 am

I played WoW on and off for about 2 years, was never interested in all that arena and raid crap at the high levels and I would get bored levelling characters so I would just make a character, play him for a while, meet some people to do the basic dungeons with, join non-competitive guilds and just play casually. It felt like having a number of games in one because if I got bored playing as my warrior I could just switch to my hunter or warlock and have a play around with that. I found that after about level 25 I'd get bored and make a new character, hence why I only have 1 level 56 and a level 76 I think. Haven't played for about a year now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 pm