Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
STORMTROOPER729
riafomh
OBkY Nova
reclaimer_117
Falls
Dolo
DentedBullet
Furtz
D divine1
Innocent puppys
14 posters

Battlefield 3 release

Innocent puppys
    Innocent puppys

Battlefield 3 release Empty Battlefield 3 release

Post by Innocent puppys Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Just to let any of you guys know that it seems like Battlefield 3 is coming out on the 31st of December as stated by Amazon anyways. Not exactly sure whether or not its a mistake though. Sorry in advance if this has been posted anywhere else!

Linkie Very Happy
    D divine1
    D divine1

Battlefield 3 release Empty Re: Battlefield 3 release

Post by D divine1 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:36 pm

Innocent puppys wrote:Just to let any of you guys know that it seems like Battlefield 3 is coming out on the 31st of December as stated by Amazon anyways. Not exactly sure whether or not its a mistake though. Sorry in advance if this has been posted anywhere else!

Linkie Very Happy

I hope not! Around september the release date, but i wonder if they will release the beta in september and then have a christmas release. Hmmmmmm , they (DICE) maybe waiting to see what Modern Warfare 3 will do,they did the same thing with Black ops ,DICE proponged the release of the new maps plus Vietnam to compete with Black ops release.

Check this link out

http://enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=1202
    Furtz
    Furtz

Post by Furtz Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:39 am

I am pretty certain DICE or EA I or let's just say the makers and publishers of BF3 will not attempt to release BF3 the same time Modern Warfare 3 releases, BF3 will get lots of sales but I don't think DICE and EA will compete with a market leader like CoD (Ignorant tossers buying that game Very Happy)

I reckon it will come out this September or January next year, but we just have to wait and see for a confirmed release date Smile
    DentedBullet
    DentedBullet

Post by DentedBullet Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:37 pm

They said fall which is between September and November.
    Dolo
    Dolo

Post by Dolo Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm thinking it's probably around November because that's the holiday sales seson. And it would be counter productive from a sales aspect to not release before a holiday season. seeing as how EA's revenues wer considerably down as compared to the year befor. Also I think dice is actualy going to go " toe to toe" with call of duty because this is a new chapter not a spin off or a business venture, rather the next chapter and quite posibly the modern warfare killer we have bin urning for!!!
    Ps game informer has a six or seven page articles/ interview with dice in this months issue
    Furtz
    Furtz

Post by Furtz Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:03 pm

I hope BF3 kicks bloody CoD in the fuckin ass (excuse my language) I can not stand anymore CoD even if it's rumored to take place in the future in space! I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DentedBullet
    DentedBullet

Post by DentedBullet Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Call of duty will be the same game it has been since COD 2 all they've done is add perks and attachments and everyone keeps wasting there money on it year after year.
    Dolo
    Dolo

Post by Dolo Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Agreed no strategy what so ever!!!
    Falls
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 pm

DICE has said publicly that Bad Company 2 was MUCH more successful than they ever anticipated, which I think is why they released in a time period without any major competition.

However, now with the same Veteran team, a feverish fan following from BF2 and the almighty frostbite 2 engine, I have no doubt that they're gonna go toe to toe with Call of Duty and all the other big fall/winter releases.

My money is on DICE. Unless Modern Warfare 3 comes up with something completely new, as in a revolution, not an evolution, I'll spend my money elsewhere.
    Innocent puppys
    Innocent puppys

Post by Innocent puppys Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:03 pm

D divine1 wrote:
    Innocent puppys wrote:Just to let any of you guys know that it seems like Battlefield 3 is coming out on the 31st of December as stated by Amazon anyways. Not exactly sure whether or not its a mistake though. Sorry in advance if this has been posted anywhere else!

Linkie Very Happy

I hope not! Around september the release date, but i wonder if they will release the beta in september and then have a christmas release. Hmmmmmm , they (DICE) maybe waiting to see what Modern Warfare 3 will do,they did the same thing with Black ops ,DICE proponged the release of the new maps plus Vietnam to compete with Black ops release.

Check this link out

http://enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=1202

I really hope it comes out in September then! I would prefer to get it sooner than later! Very Happy
    D divine1
    D divine1

Battlefield 3 release Empty Battlefield 3 Video part1

Post by D divine1 Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Check this linkout

http://www.ea.com/uk/battlefield3/videos/battlefield-3-fault-line-series-episode-1-bad-part-of-town-

looks very medal of honour????? i have a funny feeling i'm not gona like this game Shocked

Dont get me wrong,medal of honour was good, but the maps were kinda narrow,
    Dolo
    Dolo

Post by Dolo Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:08 pm

That trailer made me cream my pants!!!! I wouldn't worry, that's the campaign and if their talking like 32 vehicles per side (so 64). they have too keep room in the game to use them. Also its a new engine so we don't know what it can do... But suposidly they can make and destroy the tajma hall building with it.
    reclaimer_117
    reclaimer_117

Post by reclaimer_117 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:21 pm

I dont want to be a bubble burster, but I still dont think that DICE will beat out CoD when it comes to sales. Quality, I'm sure as bubble gum they will, but sales...just no. CoD is too big of a title to fall behind in sales, especially with the sort of fan base they attract. They have been making these yearly releases for a while now, and I for one have yet to see any real drastic improvements in the game play of their last few releases. And yet CoD out sells many games simply because of it's name. I'm sure if DICE bought the rights to CoD, and literally made it into BF3 it would outsell any other game simply because of it's name.

What I'm saying is that since 12 year olds are CoD's entire community, they will be more likely to buy coD than BF3, even though BF3 is gunna be orgasmic.
    OBkY Nova
    OBkY Nova
    Cool Like A Fool
    Cool Like A Fool

Post by OBkY Nova Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Agreed, reclaimer. It would be a rare event if Battlefield 3 outsold Cod, even though Battlefield is better.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Also I think, sad to say (and even harder to believe) is that there are actually some people out there who prefer being able to just run around doing the run-and-gun thing without having to trouble themselves with actually thinking about strategy and cooperation....
    Furtz
    Furtz

Post by Furtz Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:38 am

I am pretty sure BF3 will kick any other game of 2011 in the ass, alot of people bought Black Ops, yes, but more people than I have ever seen and heard before took a general dislike to it(wow people are finally coming to their senses) I think MW3 is going to have come up with some hellish new awesome gameplay and graphics if it is to beat BF3, BF3 looks awesome, I loved Medal of Honor (as they write it it) and would love if BF3 would have that intensity of MP action.
    STORMTROOPER729
    STORMTROOPER729

Post by STORMTROOPER729 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Some guys I work with play COD sometimes but most just zombies. They say that you can get a head shot by shooting a wall next to the guy if he is in a doorway or something like that lol.
    D divine1
    D divine1

Post by D divine1 Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:15 am

STORMTROOPER729 wrote:Some guys I work with play COD sometimes but most just zombies. They say that you can get a head shot by shooting a wall next to the guy if he is in a doorway or something like that lol.

Thats the only thing that Black ops is good for.The Gun game is good idea, but the Engine is shite, they tweaked and slowed it down, its not as fast as Modern Warfare 2.

Found some interesting information about Modern Warfare 3

Furtz
    Furtz

Post by Furtz Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:31 am

From what this guy is saying, New project and ONE year to develop? Sounds like the crappiest games ever made. Bulletstorm is new and has been in production for 3 and a half years and it turned out incredible.
    Falls
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:42 am

Furtz, I agree dude. If ANYthing this guy is saying is true, then COD is going down in flames. You just can't develop a whole new concept of shooter in one year, with an entirely new development team. This just might be a fail of epic proportions.

However even so, I think we have to face the fact that CoD is so well established and 'mainstream' that they've become the starbucks of shooters. Every year they're gonna come out with some amazing 'new' drink and its going to sell through the roof even if its complete shit. DICE is going to make a better game, with better support, with a new engine, and it still wont out-sell CoD.

But who cares? Yeah it'd be nice for our guy to be #1, but to hell with it. We get an awesome game. Screw all the mainstream 12 year olds who wanna knife warp through a crappy outdated engine doing the same old stuff that has just been covered with a fresh coat of paint.
    D divine1
    D divine1

Post by D divine1 Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:43 am

Falls wrote:Furtz, I agree dude. If ANYthing this guy is saying is true, then COD is going down in flames. You just can't develop a whole new concept of shooter in one year, with an entirely new development team. This just might be a fail of epic proportions.

However even so, I think we have to face the fact that CoD is so well established and 'mainstream' that they've become the starbucks of shooters. Every year they're gonna come out with some amazing 'new' drink and its going to sell through the roof even if its complete shit. DICE is going to make a better game, with better support, with a new engine, and it still wont out-sell CoD.

But who cares? Yeah it'd be nice for our guy to be #1, but to hell with it. We get an awesome game. Screw all the mainstream 12 year olds who wanna knife warp through a crappy outdated engine doing the same old stuff that has just been covered with a fresh coat of paint.

very true, those 12year olds out there are so fucking annoying. i would hate it if they made it on to the battlefield scene.

Battlefield is only for the competent players out there and
    Furtz
    Furtz

Post by Furtz Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:17 am

I think CoD just aims towards that community of people (10-15 yr old want-to-be-a-gangster-kids)
    CoD MW was a very good game because it was new, but then they bang out one every year like I go to the toilet everyday, so yeah I agree totally with you guys, Same shit covered with new paint, nothing new. But these 10-15 year olds seem to keep buying it. And to be honest I want it to stay like that, if these kids ever come on BF O.o, that will mark the day I stop playing MP shooter games lol.

You're right Falls, these kids can stay with crappy CoD, we get a new quality game with new engine and improved graphics and mature gameplay, what more can we want?

By the way, do you even own an XBOX 360? Or is it that I don't know you're Gtag?
    Give it to me please Smile
    Furtz
    Furtz

Post by Furtz Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:24 am

The only thing I never liked about BF is that the publisher is EA Smile They are good but not that goood. LOL. But I've come to like EA for publishing Bulletstorm, without their tons of money Bulletstorm would not have been released because there was a lot of opposition to the brutality of the game lol.

Sorry for the double post Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zuwyC5zh-o&feature=related

Watch this video at the end there will be a KillCam CoD style shooting type stuff something or another lol. Listen to the voices that tells you exactly the average age of CoD players lolol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc2FpUxmvEs

I hate kids!

The video itself is a good idea I like it Smile
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:49 am

Furtz wrote:
    Give it to me please Smile

Jethuth, Jethuth Christ!
    Furtz
    Furtz

Post by Furtz Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:57 am

Moliat shut up lol Smile you know what I mean. Well you probably don't I mean what can I expect from you ey? Wink . So it means, "Falls please give me your Gtag"

Moliat = LOSER :P

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am