Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Illuminator for Squad Captain

riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Illuminator for Squad Captain Empty Illuminator for Squad Captain

Post by riafomh Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:10 pm

< - Copied From Elsewhere - >

riafomh wrote:Preamble Clarification: the first Conquest battle on Heavy Metal map.

In today's event, Moliat put me in charge of my team. I immediately made Tim (Illuminator) my 2nd-in-command, and gave him a specific task: use fast vehicles such as quads (less useful) or the jeep (more useful) to be a quick and mobile helicopter-dodging flag-capturing tracer-darting anti-helicopter squad.

As usual when the game started, squads were mixed up and confused, and I found myself in a squad of 2 (with Kakkura) while the other 4 members were in their own squad (Illuminator's). As I found myself in the Havoc (with Kakkura backing me up as an Engineer) this seemed okay to me, and I went with it.

Next I practiced the art of 'staying out their way' when it came to Illuminator's (can I just call him Tim...) squad. As I was forward in the fight and not privy to what was going on with them, I left well enough alone and just worked with Kakkura (who was awesome, even without a mic).

All the while I can hear Tim leading his squad, the guys working out tactics, calling out actions, etc.

I just want to say that I endorse Tim (Illuminator) as a leader and Squad Captain. In essence, really, for that first part of the battle, HE was more in charge of the situation than I was. This was circumstantial I suppose, but he rose to the occasion and took it on.

I can't say as that I really knew how effective he was, but I would encourage those that played under him today to comment pro and con as to his abilities. Mine too, for that matter.

As for myself, I felt like I was 'weak' in leading at the start, but came on better later on, especially in the Rush match against Moliat. (I don't know why it is, but I seem to do my best when playing against him...)
    Forum Owner
    Forum Owner

Illuminator for Squad Captain Empty Re: Illuminator for Squad Captain

Post by Forum Owner Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:45 pm

This topic makes me happy. Smile
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 am

Tim, if you're humble after this I'm going to leap over to Sweden and kick you square in the nuts. Unless you object, I am re-opening your "trial" for squad captain.
    Forum Owner
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:24 am

I personally think he's proved himself in the past. Don't draw out this trial stuff to far.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:47 am

Poor phrasing. What I meant to say was: Tim, you've got a new shiny badge: squad captain.
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Crush wrote:I personally think he's proved himself in the past. Don't draw out this trial stuff to far.

< - Smiley with Thumbs Up - >

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am