Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
riafomh
reclaimer_117
Moliat
CrushNZ
KennyMcKillmick
9 posters

For all you other sniper wh***s lol

KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

For all you other sniper wh***s lol Empty For all you other sniper wh***s lol

Post by KennyMcKillmick Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:46 am

The thing I like most in BC2, is sniping.
    Now I don't like to get on a hill, at some huge distance, and kinda beeing useless killin someone every 5 shots lol.
    I like the medium - mediumclose range sniping, beeing the 'intel' for my squad and cover, picking the enemy's that have an eye on my squad first, of trying to flank / backr*pe.
    I will still be close enuff to quickly assist my squad (f.e. rush) in arming and defending the armed m-com, or disarm.

Question is, wich is probably the better sniper for this?
    Bolt's are great, but i've you miss your squadmember will probably die, SVU since you can take someone out fairly nice, and even 2 / 3 if ya can shoot well (i like ther SVU over the other one since it's silenced and takes the same amount of shots to kill)
    or the VSS? I know some of you think it's crap, but it can be really strong when used properly.

Don't mind about the ammo and stuff, since my squad has always ammo.

thanks

p.s., ask Kazo, I have been saving his sorry ass quite a few times lol
    CrushNZ
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

For all you other sniper wh***s lol Empty Re: For all you other sniper wh***s lol

Post by CrushNZ Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:03 am

Depends how much you miss to be honest, I use a SV-98, but my accuracy is good, so its fine for me to use it.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

For all you other sniper wh***s lol Empty Re: For all you other sniper wh***s lol

Post by Moliat Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:02 am

As Crush said, it depends on how much you hit. I would advise going close-medium range with the SV-98 to practice your aim. If you don't hit with the first shot, usually you're scrwed. Once your aim is up, find the range you're talking about and find a sniper rifle you prefer. My favourite is the M24 at those ranges, along with the SVU if you can keep your head cold even under stress (start panic-firing that thing and you won't hit for anything in the world).

At that range I usually use the M24 though, I like it's mix of stopping power, accuracy and time between each shot. I also love the reticules. Basically it's just about finding what you like personally.
    reclaimer_117
    reclaimer_117

Post by reclaimer_117 Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:41 pm

If you cant hit with your first shot then dont snipe lol Laughing
    But seriously, I wouldn't recommend a VSS for anything other than hardcore mode or single man infiltration. In hardcore a VSS with a regular or 12X is a powerful tool if you know what to do with it, however I find that in regular it really doesn't help that much at ranges over like 50 feet. So if you feel like being a sneaky wookie instead of a bush wookie, then yeah use a VSS with a red dot, just remember that your ammo will run out in all of 2.5 seconds...
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Then again DFA assaults are usually to be found around the field, and they are (or should be) more than willing to keep you supplied with ammo if you do choose the VSS Smile
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:12 am

Green circle = me
    blue circle = squad
    red arrow = run direction
    black box = mcom
    white box = building
    this = example, part of a map not a whole map, you should see this as a part of a town, well you get the point

For all you other sniper wh***s lol 2152px

Last day's i've been squadding up with Kazo a lot, and this is pretty much my position;
    - close enough for motion mines
    - close enough to catch up with the squad fast enough
    - far enough for unseen spawnpoint, when squad get's killed in mass
    - big enough view for intel, spotting the enemy's around them
    - back cover
    - taking out hostile threath to my squad

Ask Kazo if you wan't, but I think he liked me in this way, as a great asset

Though, the semi-sniper rifle (SVU / Type 88 C) Seems to fit this, it's a good medium range weapon, useable for some long range shots if you can use it right. I have taken out multiple enemy's that spotted my squad in 1 clip.
    Now it's hard to do with a bolt action, the rebolting will kill your squad when 3 others spot your squad before visa versa.
    And it takes 2 shots(or 3 in body) to kill, with you can do faster then a bolt action
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:38 am

Yep, I'd give that all a thumbs up.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:35 am

The SVU (or T88 for that matter, though the only difference is that it's not suppressed AND leaves a white trail, hence there is no reason not to choose the SVU over it) is indeed the ultimate medium-long range sniper rifle, especially with the setup you are running. In other words; it sounds very, very good, Blizzard!
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:49 am

Well, it feels good to hear, beeing a Recon sniper who isn't getting critisised lol
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:09 pm

I've done the same thing you're doing on many occasions, most effectively using the SVU, lightweight and body armor (there's no point in magnum, the only difference is you bring the enemy down to 3% rather than 10% with 2 shots, you need 3 hits to kill him either way, even if it means the third is fired from a sidearm).

Basically what you're describing is the way I want our recons to play. Mobile and effective. Tossing motion mines, spotting, killing priority targets efficiently and sticking with the squad, watching the flanks and keeping the sensors flying.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:19 pm

So, pretty much every gameplay suggestion i have made, I got the responds "we do that / I want us to do that" :P Seems I fit perfectly here =p
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:17 pm

This GameReplays article is highly relevant for DFA snipers.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 am

That's pretty much only about long range snipin
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:10 am

The same principles apply to medium and medium-long ranges where DFA snipers primarily operate.
    ChinaDarwin44
    ChinaDarwin44

Post by ChinaDarwin44 Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:23 am

I just saw this thread after I posted a new topic, I'd really love some of this input over there. I don't think Kenny and I have met yet, but we've got Recon in common. It's called Recon Club, it might be sticky worthy if developed correctly, and maybe something to replicate for other classes, as I've seen some sporadic posts on tracking balls, speed medic, tracing darts, AT mines, etc...Having it all together and organized by class might simplify things, making it easier to read and catch up on, otherwise fewer people will take the time to read it and learn.
    D divine1
    D divine1

Post by D divine1 Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:42 am

Well said China
    UnderADyingSun
    UnderADyingSun

Post by UnderADyingSun Sun May 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Where is the M95 appreciation club up in dis' hizzy!?

The sights are preferable, they're a viable anti-armor resource on many vehicles, AND they were buffed at some point in terms of damage drop off.Plus, the flash suppressor makes for easy close range engagements while not scoped in.

Just my two cents, but I'd like to hear an active sniper's opinion of this rifle.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon May 09, 2011 4:30 am

No bolt action had a muzzle flash reducer, I believe no bolt action flashes, though EVERY bolt action leaves a smoke trail.

The only pretty thing about M95 is that is has a longer (2x longer) 1 hit kill range.

Snipers in DFA are cover providing snipers, beeing close / medium behind the squad calling out targets and sniping down pretty guys behing our squad.

The M95 does not fit this role because it has the SLOWEST reload time, and slowest re-bolt time which can cost valuable lives.

On long range it's the same as any other bolt action, 2shot kill body 1shot kill head.
    The crosshairs are the same as M24 yet a little bit thicker.

The 2 sniper rifles preffered by DFA snipers are SVU and SV-98.

SV-98;
    10 clip, fastest reload time, fasters rebolt time.

SVU;
    Same as T88 yet silenced
    UnderADyingSun
    UnderADyingSun

Post by UnderADyingSun Mon May 09, 2011 8:40 am

I'm just an ignorant stud, see I critique and reinforce myself simultaneously Very Happy, I mean the muzzlebreak.

I've actually been one shotted with the Sv98, so I'll have to give it a try, aforementioned reasons^^ not withstanding. For me sniping never yields amazing games, but I can use them. I usually just acog them and quick/no scope. The m95 design helps me more in this respect, but that's subjective.

Still, does nobody use the M24 atleast? That rifle always felt fast and pinpoint accurate to me, and the reload trick, if not patched, should negate it's small magazine size. Still, I'll certainly try the rifles you mentioned, I always "go with what I know" and should maybe expand upon that horizon. I have no desire however to be a regular sniper, It makes me nervous when I get the desire to, which I do constantly, to take a building full of enemies haha!
    Lord of Beaver
    Lord of Beaver

Post by Lord of Beaver Sat May 21, 2011 9:32 am

Well since i have the M24 platinum, i think i should chime in a little bit here. Im not whatsoever a quickscope pro or anything. I enjoy doing it time to time just because its lots of lols and sometimes some pro montage shots. But i have had extensive time with the rifle and figuring out what other stats are to compare them. So this is what i found.

First off, lets start with the what i call, annoying snipers. The SVU, T88, And VSS. Why do i call them annoying? Because i tend to get into gun fights with people that use them and loose just because of their sheer power over my assault rifle, or when i go for objectives and they can put down my whole team there in seconds.

Their stats are actually the same as the M14 mod. If you compare there stats to it, they have the same. Minus the VSS. But the SVU and T88 have the same stats as the M14 Mod. So if your using a 4x on the T88 and running up close, minus the fact that u can use motion balls, you might want to switch to assault with a M14 or medic or some other class because it has the same stats. The M14 (On hardcore) is a 1 shot kill chest and up at any range. The gun seems to have very little drop. On Valpraiso defending my friend anti sniped someone sitting ontop the lighthouse from the spawn before last as defenders with it. Its a pretty accurate gun so if you are using the T88 and are up close, see about giving it a try. SVU is the same stats just silenced.

Ok so now onto my pride and joy, M24. Again, i play hardcore mode so motion sensors arnt much help to me so that whole helping out squad thing is mostly diminished with playing hardcore so they usually go behind me or around me if im sitting in a spot for a little while so i dont get flanked.

My setup is usually M24 with 4x and mag ammo and mortars. Mortars are usually used if i find those pesky snipers that like to sit behind rocks or for when i want to move and i know where people are going to be looking, i drop them to create smoke or drop them closer to create that annoying bouncing of their screens so i can move without being accurately shot at. If im defending and there are tanks and ground vehicles i sometimes switch to C4 so i can help take those out if i get the chance.

What i tend to see with the M24 is that if you are about 50m away, if you put the reticle tip right at their head or close to it, you end up getting a kill shot. (Note: This is hardcore and i dont trace my bullets so it might be limb or lower shots) But up close i tend to just try and run around with my pistol out or if im going to try and get the guy with a quick scope, keep an eye on where my gun will shoot and try and put that where i think he is going to be while running so if i have to scope in i can make little adjustment and it will be right on him.

Reloading. As its said before, you can still do the trick where your mag will be full before the animation and you can double tap Y to end it and have your few seconds. I usually reload if i have to drop down to cover after shooting a few miss shots or a few kill shots i usually drop down into cover and reload. Whenever i have to drop down, i reload. (Given i always have a motion mine right next to my spot so i know if someone is coming so i know im ok to reload) Also, if im running from cover to cover, and i know it will be safe or really short time im exposed, ill reload during that too. I tend to make my reloads or try to, make them at times where i will not be engaged or engaging enemies. So that when i have to, i have that full mag to use if needed.

Its all about what you feel comfortable with. I got to know the M24 as my first quick scoping sniper. I have recently been trying to use the GOL, and all thats happening is me using my pistol because i cant get the shots. Its all muscle memory and figuring out where the reticle has to be for the shot with that gun.

Whatever is comfortable for you, use it. If you have spare time and want to try something new, dont get upset if it doesnt work right away. It takes time to learn how the gun will react, where you have to shoot, how fast it shoots, how much you need to put into them to put them down, etc. I went from using the M14 mod to using regular automatic assault rifles and had to re learn how to tap fire and how much to tap fire to put them down. Again with going to using LMG's, had to re learn how much to tap fire with the MG36 and where to put the reticle to get the headshots and the nice bursts that will recoil up to get me the headshots.

Practices makes perfect, practices with the guns and you will find out what works. As a suggestion, if you want to practice with stuff. Play Conquest on Arica Harbor. Its a 350 ticket game and is a small map to play on in conquest. Usually can rack up somewhere between 25 and 30 kills atleast. Aslong as you dont have a lobby with those pesky snipers sitting in spawn and dropping mortars on all the buildings the whole game Wink

If anyone wants any more help im more than willing to run with them and help them. Again, im not an expert nor even close to being an expert at quick scoping but i did learn some things about it that i can share.

Hope this helped you, sorry for the long post =]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content