Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
riafomh
Moliat
KennyMcKillmick
7 posters

Best of the Kits

KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Best of the Kits Empty Best of the Kits

Post by KennyMcKillmick Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Title kinda said it, wanna explain here what weapon is the best for each kit, and spec's ect.
    Why? I love to discuss (lol) and share my experiences with all, who knows, might help somebody out! ^^
    FYI, this is based on personal experiences!

Assault;(going out for 1 vs 1 engagement)
    F2000; why? the fire rate rambo's @ CQC, the accuracy is a lot higher then the chart says it is, it does the same damage @ all ranges.
    next to that, it's just as accurate while moving (hip-fired or zoomed) where other assault rifles are not!(well not 100% as accurate but pretty close)
    XM8 Prototype; It's a great overall weapon! Iron sights are sweet, and damage combined with fire rate makes it worth it!
    Though, M416 and AUG have the same stats, so looking at recoil kick, and iron sights you can choose the weapon of likings, stats are the same but weapon handling is a bit different.

Underbarrel;
    - Granade laucher; good for multiple enemy's, covered enemy's,
    - Shotgun ; Rules at CQC
    - Smoke ; Great for 'stealth' and DIVERSION! Smoke is great for diversion, smoke coveres a large area, and draws a lot of attention! F.E., you are infront of a building or 2 way street, pop smoke at one side, get around by the other side, go stealth and move on, or backsmash them.
    Also, keeps covered while @ objective, and on 1vs1+ is can be great, vs 1 you can kill the enemy(wich is fun lol), but if you miss you disappear, and get a better / 2nd chance to get him/ them
    I say smoke is most TACTICAL, not the best.

Lightweigt or extra grenades,
    - LW; faster movement, always usefull,
    - EX GR; most usefull IMO, yes, you have ammo boxes BUT;
    GL; rape the building faster / nuke a cover (F.E. the cover garages @ arica harbor)
    SHTGN; alone in a building where multiple targets are in, go rambo, it worked for me.
    SMOKE; Capturing a flag / arming a M-COM? Cover yourselve in each angle!

2nd spec, imo Magnum isn't that great, it increases bullet dmg by 1.25x, meaning it pretty much only takes 1 bullet less to kill, I rather go for explo dmg (when explosives) for larger spash area, or increased rifle accuracy (i love accuracy)

Medic;
    PKM; though a lot won't agree here, I think it's best, and i think it's better then M60
    Why? M60 has A LOT of recoil, and the iron sighs aren't ANY good, you NEED a red dot ..
    PKM has a great accuracy, and fire rate, and a good damage
    I choose PKM over MG36 becuz, the auto red dot isnt that great, you can't see anything around you, scoping is a little slower, and in snowy maps, the sights get white, making it hard to see things
    Also, PKM has a REALLY LOW recoil!
    SAW;; great for supressive fire, makes a good noice, with low recoil.
    In bursts, this weapon is very lethal aswell!

spec 1;increased medic for teamplay, Lightweight for objective
    spec 2;increased medic for teamplay, accuracy for support / solo

Engineer
    Though a lot say pp2000, I think AK or UMP are better,
    UMP has great stats, dmg, accuracy and fire rate are great
    AK has a great fire rate, and an awsome accuracy, but great for fast takedown

RPG for choppers
    Gustav for infantry
    AT4 for tanks

RPG for choppers; (assuming traced) it does more veh. dmg then gustav, so it will blow a chopper before the guys can bail out, while the gustav doesn't
    minor, the gustav rocket flies a lot faster, making the pilot/gunner having less time to respond on the "missle lock".

Gustav for inf, most splash dmg, bunkerbuster, nuff said

AT4 for tanks, no 'missle lock' in screen, and does more damage then RPG, 2 shots in the back of a tank and it's blown

Since Engineers are mostly vs veh, i'd go for EX rockets
    and inscreased explo dmg

Recon
    Headshot all 1shotkill
    Chest all 2 shot kills, 1 kill up close! With magg amoo the one-shot-kill radius is increased by 25%!

all bolt actions have pro's and cons
    M24 pro; fast rebolt / reload, nice sharp crosshair
    GOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Con; yet, no mildot
    SV-98; pro; twice the clip ammo, FASTEST rebolt
    con; crosshair may aim harder
    M95; Pro; least bullet drop, able to take down tree's wich blind your sight < big +)
    Con; Highest reload time, rebolt time little fatter crosshair

Since we CQC recon; (going out for CQC with a bolt action sniper rifle)
    Magg ammo, as explined above
    leightweight for fast movement, though some preffer a red dot / 4x scope for CQC.

Guns;
    The one you love the most, all are strong in the right hands.

ofc, go tracer when going for choppers, unless you rock with AT4

long story, might have missed one or 2 things but what the hell hehe

Enjoy!

Last edited by KennyMcKillmick on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Best of the Kits Empty Re: Best of the Kits

Post by Moliat Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:02 pm

First post! The only reason I got it is because Ria didn't get here first :P
    I'll be responding myself soon Very Happy
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:56 pm

Blizzard wrote:
    2nd spec, imo Magnum isn't that great, it increases bullet dmg by 1.25x, meaning it pretty much only takes 1 bullet less to kill, I rather go for explo dmg (when explosives) for larger spash area, or increased rifle accuracy (i love accuracy)

The in-game text is somewhat misleading. The "Increased accuracy" perk actually does not increase the accuracy, but reduces the spray from consecutive shots. Recoil and spray are two different values, the spray is the deviation of the bullet hit from where you are actually aiming, whereas recoil just kicks your weapon around, changing the actual launch point of the projectile.

Blizzard wrote:
    Medic;
    PKM; though a lot won't agree here, I think it's best, and i think it's better then M60
    Why? M60 has A LOT of recoil, and the iron sighs aren't ANY good, you NEED a red dot ..
    PKM has a great accuracy, and fire rate, and a good damage
    I choose PKM over MG36 becuz, the auto red dot isnt that great, you can't see anything around you, scoping is a little slower, and in snowy maps, the sights get white, making it hard to see things
    Also, PKM has a REALLY LOW recoil!

The recoil of the weapon doesn't really matter once you start tap-firing. The only time you'll notice the effect is in close quarters, at which point the recoil doesn't do much as you are fighting up close. If you tap fire or just fire small bursts medium and long-range, you can pretty much ignore the spray and recoil values of the weapons.

I do agree when it comes to the PKM though, it's one of my favourite LMGs as well. I do however find the MG36 to be better suited for support roles as it has a built-in red dot and a higher fire rate. When supporting as medic you want to suppress the enemy and let your friends kill them (for the most part), meaning the fire rate matters. Also, due to the built-in red dot, you can select lightweight for reviving or medic upgrade for faster healing. When you are supporting as a medic (you won't always, making the PKM supreme in situations where you don't) it doesn't really matter with the tunnel-vision as you won't be the one watching your flanks, you'll be the guy keeping those who do, alive.

Blizzard wrote:
    Engineer
    Though a lot say pp2000, I think AK or UMP are better,
    UMP has great stats, dmg, accuracy and fire rate are great
    AK has a great fire rate, and an awsome accuracy, but great for fast takedown

This is freaky, you're sounding just like me! The AKs-74u is my favourite SMG, it has a high fire rate, manageable recoil (SMGs you will fire a lot more bursts with, even more "spray and pray" as you're a close quarters flanker with them) and awesome iron sights. The 30-round magazine also makes it capable of bringing down 3-4 enemies with a single magazine, provided all rounds hit and you don't do any headshots. The UMP is the closest you get to the AKs-74u, making it the second best SMG in my eyes.

Blizzard wrote:
    RPG for choppers
    Gustav for infantry
    AT4 for tanks

I don't agree quite as much here. I hardly ever go RPGs against helicopters, I either go Carl Gustavs to shoot them directly (I find it easier to hit helicopters with Carl Gustav rockets than with tracers). Alternatively I use the AT4 if the enemy helicopters aren't very good at dodging rockets. Both of the above negates the enemy pilot's flares, should he have them equipped. If we have some effectives tracers on our team though (as we often do seeing as some of the guys in DFA are awesome with tracer darts) the RPG is by far the preferred option. I'll deliberate below.

Blizzard wrote:
    RPG for choppers; (assuming traced) it does more veh. dmg then gustav, so it will blow a chopper before the guys can bail out, while the gustav doesn't

Actually, the vehicle damage of the rocket doesn't matter. The possible combinations and outcomes are summarized in the below table. Note: "Explosive" means that the engineering firing the rocket has the infantry explosive damage perk, increasing the damage of his rockets by 25%. "Armor" means that one of the passengers of the helicopter have the vehicle armor perk. "Destroyed" means the full-health helicopter is destroyed by a single rocket.
    ExplosiveArmorDestroyed
    YesYesYes
    YesNoYes
    NoYesNo
    NoNoYes

Whether or not the rocket actually kills any of the passengers depends entirely on where it hits the helicopter, and whether or not the passengers bail out during the first 2 seconds after the impact. It also depends on the health of the passengers, the type of rocket and whether or not the engineer has the explosive damage upgrade equipped. The 2 latter change the one-hit kill-radius of the rocket. For instance: an AT-4 rocket has an extremely low kill-radius, even with explosive upgrade perk, so that almost no matter where you hit the helicopter, you will not get any kills. The exception is if the passengers are hurt, or if you hit the side of the helicopter, right by the gunner. The Carl Gustav rocket on the other hand has a large one-hit kill-radius, so that as long as you hit the main body of the helicopter (excluding the nose, tail and its mount to the chassis), you are highly likely to get a kill. Especially so if you have the explosive damage upgrade equipped. The RPG-7 on the other hand is a place in between. Just remember: the rocket impacts the helicopter at a point, and every passenger is a certain distance away from that point. Whether or not they will die depends on how much damage the rocket explosion does at the distance they are sitting at.

Blizzard wrote:
    minor, the gustav rocket flies a lot faster, making the pilot/gunner having less time to respond on the "missle lock".

While this is true, a locked-on Carl Gustav rocket is WAY easier to dodge with a helicopter than an RPG-7 rocket. Since the CG has a higher velocity, it turns slower. It catches the helicopter faster, but once nearby it is easier to dodge with an evasive manouver as it will have a harder time following the helicopter. The RPG on the other hand will take longer to travel to the target, but will more easily follow the helicopter as it makes an evasive manouver. There is however also the aspect of vehicle cover, which also counts for helicopters. The CG will make it harder to find cover (such as hovering behind a house), but will be easier to dodge. The RPG will give the helicopter more time to duck behind cover, but is very hard to dodge. It's all about the amount of open space near the helicopter really. If a lot, bring a CG as it will more easily negate it, if it is an open area, bring an RPG as it is harder to dodge.

Note: The only way to really dodge a rocket is to swing so tightly that it flies past you and crashes into something else, for instance a building or even the ground.

Blizzard wrote:
    Recon F.Y.I < Magnum ammo is USELESS for sniper! EVERY bolt action takes the EXCACT amount to kill an enemy at all ranges!
    Headshot all 1shotkill
    Chest all 2 shot kills, 1 kill up close!

For the most part true, the only exception is quick-scoping. The magnum ammo upgrade will increase the one-shot kill range of the bolt action sniper by some 10 meters. While this is nothing for long-range sniping, it makes a hell of a difference for quick-scoping at close and medium ranges.

Blizzard wrote:
    Figuring a Recon stays behind for cover, shooting from large distances, that's what a sniper is about after all;
    12xscope
    Mortar strike (can be só strong)
    Explo dmg for mortar strike, can make a big diff
    spot, spot has pro's and cons
    pro; you will be less likely not to see an enemy since it's automaticly spotted, can grand a lot of spotting assist points
    con; when you spot someone, it draws attention, increasing the chance someone else will killsteal lol

in DFA we hardly ever do long-range sniping though, so you'll never really need the 12x scope. There's a lot more medium-range and medium-long going on for more efficient spotting (there's a distance limit for how far away you can spot) and killing (shorter distances roughly means more rounds on target, an exception would be Max, but he doesn't count when we're talking about mortals playing BC2). The magnum can help out a little bit, albeit not much. I would personally advise lightweight, body armor and C4. Lightweight means you get to your C4 victims faster, it means you can re-locate to provide fire support from another angle more quickly, and the only other option (unless you're quick-scoping or super-long-range sniping) is extra ammo, which you won't really need while playing with DFA. Even if you are providing sniper support from far away, we'll usually get the base before you run out of ammo, meaning you will soon advance and encounter an assault that will be waiting for you at your request.

*Sigh of relief*
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm not agreeing on all of wich you have said,
    F.E. rgp / Gustav, he may be able to dodge it (wich requires a good pilot btw), but the missle will just turn around and come back, wich it will do a few times.
    And IF he is manages to dodge it, my 2nd missle is already on it way.
    Next to that, choppers are an eyecatcher, and soon become a target for most enemy's since it can be a massive threath, they will ALSO aim on the pilot, wich the pilot can't handle .. ( ground attacking chopper + 2 missles, I dare anyone here to survive lol)

About the sniper, CQC Magnum ammo, never thought of that, good point.
    Anyhow, I was more aiming at the 'actual role' of the sniper class, not the other ways to use it, so with my post i wasn't aiming on DFA teamplay, just overall

About the LMG's, burst is great, but on medium ranges in F.E. Arica Harbor, the chances are higher when you can keep the trigger squeeshed for just a few secs, next to that, when you are in a situation where you are facing multiple enemy's, or you and your squad faces multiple enemy's (F.E Nelson Bay (thats the snowy infantry map with 4 flags right?), in that map you encounter that a lot, and when you can keep mowing the survival rate is higher.
    MG36, the reason I noted this as a minor LMG is becuz of the snowblind, it's a killer, yet, in those maps you can switch the the XM8 LMG wich has identical stats and shooting, with a very nice iron sight (imo)

Glad we aggree'd on the SMG's
    :cyclops:

p.s.
    with accuracy I ment spray ^^
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Blizzard wrote:I'm not agreeing on all of wich you have said,
    F.E. rgp / Gustav, he may be able to dodge it (wich requires a good pilot btw), but the missle will just turn around and come back, wich it will do a few times.
    And IF he is manages to dodge it, my 2nd missle is already on it way.

Yeah, but that's why you need to dodge it right. You need to dodge it so that the rocket flies into an obstacle. Alternatively you can dodge it several times while flying towards an obstacle to crash the rocket into, but this is extremely difficult. I have only done it successfully 2 times. In general it is best to dodge the rocket so that it comes from above. That way you can crash it into the ground, and it will not return. You can do the same thing with the second rocket, or just keep moving towards cover. Really once you dodge the first rocket, you have pretty much made it. That's my personal experience at least Smile
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:37 pm

i would love to see you dodging my 2 missles, you can pick the map =p
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Blizzard wrote:i would love to see you dodging my 2 missles, you can pick the map =p

Atacama Desert, it has open areas, it has obstacles and it has choppers Smile
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:50 pm

deal lol, come online
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:07 pm

On Wednesday I will, then I'll be done with tests and my university interview, so I'll be good to dodge some rockets! :P
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Moliat wrote:First post! The only reason I got it is because Ria didn't get here first :P
    I'll be responding myself soon Very Happy

Here I am !!! Better late than never !!!

Okay, time to launch into my usual diatribe.... ... oh.... wow... everybody beat me to it....
    Forum Owner
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:41 pm

You only have to dodge the missile once head on.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:15 am

Crush wrote:You only have to dodge the missile once head on.

Not if it doesn't hit an obstacle, in which case it will return.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:32 am

Crush wrote:You only have to dodge the missile once head on.

Missle keeps locked on, till either the missle is destroyed, or the targeted vehicle.

Not sure if the missle just stops when you have dodged is long enuff
    Forum Owner
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:46 am

Pretty sure if you dodge head on it does. There was a video on it.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Crush wrote:Pretty sure if you dodge head on it does. There was a video on it.

In the video you're probably thinking of the rocket came from above and up front. Consequently it crashed into the ground after being dodged.
    Forum Owner
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Doesn't explain the time I did it thought.

We should test it for sure.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:48 pm

maybe the missle wasn't locked?

Even when you get the text "missle lock" in your screen, it can be he triggered it to fast, shooting the missle right before it was actually locked on you.

The text "missle lock" means a player is targeting the tracer dart on the vehicle, not that the missle is already on its way, tje text appears as soon as someone looks to ya with a homing missle
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:06 pm

When they are aiming at the tracer dart it gives a beeping sound. This is your chance to pop flares to remove the tracer. Once the missile lock beeps become a constant tone, they have a lock-on and your only way out is to dodge it.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Moliat wrote:When they are aiming at the tracer dart it gives a beeping sound. This is your chance to pop flares to remove the tracer. Once the missile lock beeps become a constant tone, they have a lock-on and your only way out is to dodge it.

Not true, i've had multiple times that my missle got avoided by that, when the missle is off, and you rmove the tracer, the rocket will fly in a straight point from there on I believe, we can test it wensday ^^
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:02 am

Blizzard wrote:... we can test it wensday ^^

I'm quite sure the flares can't be removed once the rocket has a lock-on and is in the air, but let's add it to our Wednesday to-do list :P
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Oke, so i've been playing pretty much engineer only past week, yet I cant seem to find the right weapon for me ..

Assuming I go iron sights (i love red dot but extra explo f.e. seems more important as engineer ..

9A-91; it's great! but the 20 clip pisses me off .. it's always not enough ..
    SCAR-L; it's pretty good, but it tends to loose accuracy, since between the range close-mid the cant rely on burst, it's not fast enough.
    XM8 Compact; loving the iron, but it's way .. WAY to inaccurate ..
    AK, it's perfect, accuracy, fire rate, BUT, the recoil kick is insane .. even with burst..
    UMP; it's powerfull, but hating the irons ..
    UZI; it's pretty good, but it tend to go everywhere, up, sides, wich kills me..
    PP2000, for some reason it sucks for me .. going out of ammo so fast, and in a faceoff I always loose.. besides, when on a lil bigger distance, it can't kill fast enuff with bursts cuz the enemy will be behind cover already ..

I was leaning towards allround weap's, but
    G3 makes a lot of noise, and the clip ..
    M14 doesn't kill really fast in CQC
    Shotgun fails at range, if I wouls use accuracyslugs I could just aswell use red dot.
    Auto shotguns, needs ammo upgrade and double clip, and then the anti-tank part fails.

Assault weapons have my touch more, I can kill so many more people with assault rifles before I die then any other kit .. but then I lack the anti-tank part
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:50 pm

The AKs-74u is in my eyes the ideal SMG. It's highly accurate, perfect fire rate, high damage output, 30-round magazine. As for the recoil, it is high, but it is mostly visual. If you learn to fire it ignoring the visual recoil, you will see. Fire bursts medium and long range (the recoil really isnt that high, it's like a laser gun long range even in bursts) and hammer the trigger up close.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Think the SCAR-L is better looking at recoil, I dont know, no weapon has my name on it ..
    I'm looking for a kit, weapon that's good in any situation so I can cet comfy with it and actually be able to own .. since I switch so much I can't get used to anything and I never really get good at anything
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm level 40, and the gun I have the highest amount of kills with is 400 ..
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:26 pm

The SCAR has a lower visual recoil, but its actual recoil is greater than that of the AKs-74u.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm