Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Adun
Assau1tKing
xArc of Godx
Moliat
UnderADyingSun
gdead65
laSociety
11 posters

Tax the rich?

riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Tax the rich? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tax the rich?

Post by riafomh Sun May 15, 2011 6:04 pm

"sensible Reagonomics"

Isn't that an oxymoron?
    xArc of Godx
    xArc of Godx

Post by xArc of Godx Sun May 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Drunkenwolf7 wrote: "Make more money with your money." Yeah, that simple.

That's it. It's hard for the bottom 40% to get ahead because money breeds money and they struggle to get by as it is let alone risking what they do have. A study done in 2010 showed that only .3 percent of the wealth in America was owned by the bottom 40%. That should tell you something. The distribution of wealth in America is a joke.

That's not to say a portion of that 40% doesn't deserve it as some people have just given up on life. But some people bust their ass day in and day out. Some jobs that are well respected and extremely needed to improve on our society put people just slightly above that 40%. Also, in another study it was said that out of the small percent of Americans that make ten million a year, only 19% was income from work wages. Which goes back into money breeding money.

While the economy is run by the majority of the remaining percent group there is a small percent that hurts the economy as well, the top. The richest of the rich. The people that actually pay less in taxes, percentage wise, than people 10% below them. These are the people that, I believe, are talked about when people say tax the rich. If you make your way through this world with ambitions and dreams and hard work turns them into a reality than certainly you should pay your fair share but as well not get a dick in your butt from your government. It's the people that OWN EVERYTHING. They are the ones that do not pay their fair share. The distribution of wealth in this country is laughable. Honestly, the American dream is dead. Sorry. Work hard and maybe you'll get to the upper middle.

Also, a good portion of the 40-80% group own a decent bit of stocks and have a decent bit of investments. In America the average for the 40%-60% group makes 34k a year I believe, it might have changed. I haven't seen it in awhile.

Whatever... it's complicated. A lot of things need to be fixed in this country, more stringent laws on companies practices is probably a better place to start than taxing the rich. Though I do believe the highest fractions of a percent could be paying more without hurting the economy at all.

Money is power, power controls people, people control the government, the government controls the laws, laws can dictate advantageous positions for interested parties.

riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Sun May 15, 2011 6:40 pm

Anyone read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad"?
    xArc of Godx
    xArc of Godx

Post by xArc of Godx Sun May 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Nope.
    Drunkenwolf7
    Drunkenwolf7

Post by Drunkenwolf7 Sun May 15, 2011 7:46 pm

I do agree that the way America pushes it's money around is retarded, but we are spending trillions of dollars into war. In my opinion, we shouldn't be in Afghanistan or Iraq, or wherever we are trying to be the hero. I know we are doing "Great things" over there like killing people. This is exactly what happened to Rome, but without the helping people part. Rome's expansion was too great and it's inner cities fell because they were too focused on expanding, and didn't realize that their own government was falling apart. We should be taking care of the American people first, then worry about others. I know that sounds dick and all, but how are we supposed to help others if we are weak? You know?

Also, America's government needs to stop being so freaking "Partied" I don't give a shit if you don't want to raise taxes or you do. DO WHAT THE PEOPLE FREAKING WANT. That is why we elect Senators and Executives and elect a god damn president! We don't do it because we want you to sit in a chair and pick your ass hairs and call the shots. We elect him because we want that person to do something, but that person at the moment isn't doing jack shit but spending money. Hell, we just recently "almost" got a budget! And how long have we been without one?! We are throwing money around like toilet paper at homecoming!

"It doesn't matter, we'll keep getting some money from China." Thanks selfish fucking idiots. Leave it to your children, and your children's children to do it. Let's actually set down our T.V. remote and TRY to get a job, or TRY to make America's government better. PEOPLE ARE THE GOVERNMENT. So whoever complains about the government being bad, whose fault is that? Just saying Smile (And I do understand there is corruption, but who allows that to happen?)
    xArc of Godx
    xArc of Godx

Post by xArc of Godx Mon May 16, 2011 1:02 am

Drunkenwolf7 wrote: (And I do understand there is corruption, but who allows that to happen?)

Like any fault with the world when boiled down you end up with the root of all evil, people.

The only corner in the universe we can be sure to change is ourselves. Until we start living like decent human beings this is the world we live in.

We are as guilty as them for allowing any corruption to happen. It's high time we started public be-headings again. As a force governed by only our just cause!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:49 pm