Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
UnderADyingSun
Max
Moliat
KennyMcKillmick
DentedBullet
W0ggie
Kaos
11 posters

Pirating

Kaos
    Kaos

Pirating  Empty Pirating

Post by Kaos Wed May 11, 2011 1:51 am

'ELLO MATEYS!!
    I've noticed some people on here looking for certain things, (e.g Kenny looking for Fast and Furios the 4th movie of the F&F series) what sites and torrent down loaders do you guys use?

I'm a fan of thepiratebay.org thats pretty much the only site i use... ever. and for my torrent organization and downloading source i use the program UTorrent.

anybody else use other stuff or is this used pretty much by everyone Question
    W0ggie
    W0ggie
    United States
    United States

Pirating  Empty Re: Pirating

Post by W0ggie Wed May 11, 2011 2:00 am

I don't pirate. I work for my money, and with money I can buy games, music, and movies. Check out my steam list for most of my games collection, and I have quite a nice collection of movies (dvd-boxsets) and music albums.

If I like something, I think it's only fair that I buy it to support the company or artist that made it. And If I don't like it, then why should I pirate it?
    DentedBullet
    DentedBullet

Post by DentedBullet Wed May 11, 2011 3:51 am

I use a private torrent site no lame pirate bay speeds for me, I also use Demonoid for music.

@WOggie good point but when your not sure about something it doesn't hurt to try before you buy.
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Wed May 11, 2011 3:59 am

Yeah I just wanna watch something one time, and I don't wanna spends a lot of money on that (which I don't have) lol

Anyway I use www.stagevu.com
    It's like youtube, but for movies.
    So if someones has uploaded that movie, you can watch it ^^
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Wed May 11, 2011 7:33 am

I use Vuze for movies, and uTorrent occasionally.

For music I don't have any program after Limewire got flipped the middle finger, hence I am buying much of the music I get nowadays.
    Max
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Post by Max Wed May 11, 2011 3:11 pm

uTorrent, TPB and Demonoid. I only really pirate games if I'm interested in it, thinking about buying, but there isn't a demo available. Haven't pirated a movie since I got Netflix 3 years ago.
    UnderADyingSun
    UnderADyingSun

Post by UnderADyingSun Wed May 11, 2011 3:53 pm

I use UTorrent, and BTJunkie.org mainly. They're community rated and I can always find what I want. On a healthy torrent I average 1.4MB per second on my download. Scrapetorrent is also a good site. It collectively shows all the torrents from most of the leading torrent sites. Also, I don't wanna hold a up/download ratio so I stick with these sites.
    Kaos
    Kaos

Post by Kaos Wed May 11, 2011 4:00 pm

DentedBullet wrote:@WOggie good point but when your not sure about something it doesn't hurt to try before you buy.

exactly
    cmbtking
    cmbtking

Post by cmbtking Thu May 12, 2011 8:42 pm

i use the thepiratebay and utorrent combo as well
    KennyMcKillmick
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick Fri May 13, 2011 2:45 am

Moliat, if you wanna download music, try Bearshare, it's great and no virusses like Limewire
    UnderADyingSun
    UnderADyingSun

Post by UnderADyingSun Fri May 13, 2011 4:02 am

I have to double post and recommend torrent downloads from PEER REVIEWED SITES! That means whatever torrent client you want, although I don't know why you'd go with anything other than Bit or U torrent, format is the same between them fyi. On a normal search engine, you really don't know what you're getting. Sure, you can scan files but not until after it's already on your comp. I do like the pirate bay, but Bt Junkie has a great way for showing healthy torrents and the ones that are most commented on, I have the best results with it. You pretty much always know what you're getting on quality and if it's a fake or has a virus.
    ChinaDarwin44
    ChinaDarwin44

Post by ChinaDarwin44 Fri May 13, 2011 6:49 am

Been using Demonoid for years, when it went down, did some btjunkie and peer reviewed content.

I'd love to buy some things and see movies here at the theaters, BUT:

Most of what I want to doesn't come to theaters here, and sometimes its dubbed in Chinese, which I hate.

DVDS and Music are all pirated here, the money I spend buying things could be used to fund terrorism or sex trafficking, so I'm left with little choice. I've gone through the trouble of actually buying a few games for xbox that I've loved and wanted to show support for, my favorite games I buy all the DLC for. But many games I buy once and never play again, I consider it a "rental" as they don't currently rent games in China, b/c people just buy them for less than 1 USD. Same goes for DVDs as well., Bittorrent is the greatest, people still using limewire or the likes need to catch up to the times!

OH, and when I do pay for a ticket to see a movie, its ALWAYS cut and edited. So I have to watch it again to catch it all or see any nudity (not allowed in Chinese theaters)
    TheHellKat
    TheHellKat

Post by TheHellKat Fri May 13, 2011 7:43 pm

There is an alternative to LimeWire, its called FrostWire.

I am not going to lie, I have seen pirated movies, but then most people have. But my personal preference is that if I like something, then I spend the money and get an offical copy, besides i'd rather payt the extra and buy a decent bluray copy of a movie and watch it on my HDTV with surround sound than be left with a crappy pirated copy that was recorded by someone hyped up on coffee at the back of a movie theater.

Its all about the experience, and you cant beat genunine copys for a good experience.
    Kaos
    Kaos

Post by Kaos Sat May 14, 2011 12:57 am

Katzai wrote:There is an alternative to LimeWire, its called FrostWire.

I am not going to lie, I have seen pirated movies, but then most people have. But my personal preference is that if I like something, then I spend the money and get an offical copy, besides i'd rather payt the extra and buy a decent bluray copy of a movie and watch it on my HDTV with surround sound than be left with a crappy pirated copy that was recorded by someone hyped up on coffee at the back of a movie theater.

Its all about the experience, and you cant beat genunine copys for a good experience.

frost wire is alright but ill take thepiratebay any day because you can get full movies and discographies and the such. plus, frostwire has a maximum of like 8 people you can seed from at a time. with utorrent i can connect to hundreds. i've downloaded full movies in a matter of a minute or two

Last edited by K40S on Sat May 14, 2011 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sat May 14, 2011 1:55 am

FrostWire doesn't work anymore, just like LimeWire. I tried it for a little while.
    ChinaDarwin44
    ChinaDarwin44

Post by ChinaDarwin44 Sat May 14, 2011 3:34 am

Just because it is pirated, doesn't mean the copy is bad. If it just came out and there isn't an official copy out, then yes its probably a cam or screener, but if its been out for a while and/or leaked, then you'll find pirated copies with DTS, surround sound, and extras..atleast you do here in China when you buy them. They certainly just downloaded them from the net as well, so they are there if you look hard enough.

I don't buy DVDs anymore, I just download for lack of a better alternative. I do however, have a nice Blu-ray collection started, as the price for storage of these on an HDD isn't as cost effective as buying a Blu-Ray. (Blu-Rays cost between 5-10USDs here, but lots of fake ones...Guess the Chinese some how believe you can watch a blu ray on a normal DVD player) I'm all about them, just hate waiting for them to come out on Blu-Ray...I pick up the classics and movies I'll enjoy watching again and again.

Oh, and box sets are great, I've bought some great "official" box sets that include cool stuff...maybe they were made for export then fell of a truck...
    TheHellKat
    TheHellKat

Post by TheHellKat Sat May 14, 2011 4:25 am

Ohh I understand and agree, for some its a reasonable option. I have myself watched movies that have not been offically released yet on pirate, however I still prefer the offical copies, even DVDrips are not as good as the actual DVD, the picture and sound while very good just isn't of the same quality. Although thats probally to do with the software and hardware I used to burn them.

At the end of the say, its just my personal preference, I prefer the offical copies for quality.
    Kaos
    Kaos

Post by Kaos Sat May 14, 2011 11:02 am

ChinaDarwin44 wrote:

Just because it is pirated, doesn't mean the copy is bad. If it just came out and there isn't an official copy out, then yes its probably a cam or screener, but if its been out for a while and/or leaked, then you'll find pirated copies with DTS, surround sound, and extras..atleast you do here in China when you buy them. They certainly just downloaded them from the net as well, so they are there if you look hard enough.

I don't buy DVDs anymore, I just download for lack of a better alternative. I do however, have a nice Blu-ray collection started, as the price for storage of these on an HDD isn't as cost effective as buying a Blu-Ray. (Blu-Rays cost between 5-10USDs here, but lots of fake ones...Guess the Chinese some how believe you can watch a blu ray on a normal DVD player) I'm all about them, just hate waiting for them to come out on Blu-Ray...I pick up the classics and movies I'll enjoy watching again and again.

Oh, and box sets are great, I've bought some great "official" box sets that include cool stuff...maybe they were made for export then fell of a truck...

i just started a blu-ray collection too Smile the only problem is over here, even with my discount im paying around 30$ per movie Sad
    riafomh
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh Sat May 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Katzai wrote:Ohh I understand and agree, for some its a reasonable option. I have myself watched movies that have not been offically released yet on pirate, however I still prefer the offical copies, even DVDrips are not as good as the actual DVD, the picture and sound while very good just isn't of the same quality. Although thats probally to do with the software and hardware I used to burn them.

At the end of the say, its just my personal preference, I prefer the offical copies for quality.

Well, for one thing, most standard DVD's are upwards of 9GB on a DOUBLE DENSITY disk (why they can hold that much). Most standard disks you buy for burning are standard 4.7 GB, so you've automatically got some compression going on when you burn the DVD.

You actually have to buy Double Density disks, and have a double density writer to be able to get a full (non-compression) copy of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 am