Death From Above

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Max
Moliat
Abahab
7 posters

Abahab

Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Abahab Empty Abahab 1v1 apprentice

Post by Abahab Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Recently gave PE a try against Max as Americans. Criticism wanted.
    PE make me a sad panda
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Abahab Empty Re: Abahab

Post by Moliat Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:07 am

01:13 - A second kettenkrad? You silly goose, you!
    01:34 - Queue capping. You have an idle G43 squad in the middle.
    02:13 - Idle units west side. Use them to decap that strat point, cutting off the 3 medium resource points to the west.
    02:41 - Silly place to lose a Kettenkrad
    03:19 - Good job decapping that strat point I previously mentioned
    03:30 - Get your medium fuel and VP point back on the east side
    04:50 - A third ketten...?
    04:51 - Send one of them to scout the enemy base. You have nearly 70 fuel, meaning the US player will have even more considering his map control throughout the game. Start building t2 for shrecks or t3 for marders, seeing as you haven't seen any BARs yet. If Max was getting those, he would have them fielded by now.
    05:15 - 4 idle PG squads west side. Cap points or hunt down the two rifle squads.
    05:17 - You knew there were 2 rifle squads there previously, send 3 rather than 1 PG squad to fend them off.
    05:35 - 5th PG squad out. Generally the 4th should build either t2 or t3, usually t3.
    05:40 - Give your Kettenkrads some repair love. They will both die the next time they encounter an enemy.
    05:59 - PG squad in your base just staring at the decapping rifles 20m away from them. Fend them off, then start building something. I would go t2 at this point. Get some shrecks out and utilise the buildings for excellent cover and accuracy against M8s or heavy tanks that are bound to come, seeing as there are no BARs out.
    06:40 - You basically have no resources. You have some munis here and there, but there is no part of the map that is "yours". Your units are everywhere and nowhere, allowing Max to do the same thing. He will win that kind of a battle by capping faster than your units do.
    06:48 - Logistik Kompanie is not the way to go at this point. That building should have been up earlier if you are getting it this early, and should then be followed by t2 or t3. Considering that Max could have fielded an M8 by now, I would go straight t2 and get some shrecks out asap.
    06:52 - Idle units east side, why not send one to get that precious fuel back?
    07:00 - You are doing a great job disconnecting Max from all his resources. I'm rather surprised he hasn't gotten the strat point yet as he is only getting resources from his base at this point.
    07:23 - The middle is yours. Cap everything in the middle you don't already have, get the two VPs whose territory you control (put the VP pressure on Max), send a couple squads to fend off the rifles decapping your munis.
    07:58 - 2 PG squads middle are fighting in yellow or no cover, when there is green cover available less than 5m away from them. Always use the best cover available.
    08:34 - Send the capping PG squad to help
    08:53 - Decapping the strat point is a good idea, but send the non-upgraded PG squad to do it. You have 2 G43 squads nearby, one in the house (idle!) that need to help fend off the assault on the east side.
    09:44 - A fourth Kettenkrad?
    09:47 - Getting an Armored Car is a good idea against all those rifles in the open, but you have absolutely nothing to protect it against the M8 that Max just got out.
    10:01 - The M8 makes its first appearance. At this point you should start screaming like a little girl and hurry getting some AT. If you have the fuel, get marders, if you don't, then your only option is to resort to AT grenades until you can field something a little more effective.
    10:25 - Getting T4 and a Light AT-halftrack, not a bad idea. But the M8 is ruling supreme, and you have a PG squad just sitting on its ass rather than helping in the construction. The faster you get the LATHT out, the faster you can start winning.
    10:33 - Completely fruitless engagement. One G43 against 2 rifles in cover, you'll never win that battle. All that encounter is doing you is draining your manpower.
    11:00 - T4 complete, get that LATHT in production! Start reinforcing your squads and send them out in close proximity to the base.
    12:06 - LATHT out, get it moving. The M8 is raping your forces, time to put it to sleep with your shiny new investment.
    12:15 - You are baiting the M8 the wrong way.
    12:33 - What is you LATHT doing? It needs to save your Armored Car before you throw it away without reason. Use tread breakers to guarantee your AC's safety, and a successful and destructive surprise attack from your first fielded T4 unit.
    12:45 - Use a PG behind green cover to spot for your LATHT rather than having it see the M8 itself as it will then start taking damage.
    14:45 - Idleness is losing you the game at this point. You have an AC and a LATHT to counter anything and everything Max currently has, even the rangers. Have PG protection for your vehicles, slow down rangers with G43s, kite them with AC = win. Max is beating you with 3 un-BAR'ed rifles, a ranger squad and an M8. You have the means to easily overcome those forces if you use your units well.
    Tip for Max: Always get armored skirts on your M8s. If you don't have the 50munis to give it skirts, don't produce it. You have enough munis to field two armoured M8s, and the skirts double the health of the M8.
    15:20 - Not sure if I agree with the need for a second LATHT. You just killed two, and Max does not have the fuel for heavy tanks. He is either getting BARs, in which case you need MP44s, or AT guns, in which case you need to be extra careful with your tin vehicles, or he's getting a third M8, in which case your one LATHT will suffice in taking it out. You don't need the second LATHT either way, get an MP44 squad from the t3 building instead, seeing as you don't have the munitions to upgrade a squad. You need them against the rangers and in case the rifles get BARs.
    15:57 - You are too defensive. Your forces are better than his, put them to work, start pushing out, start expanding your territory.
    16:20 - Why are you sending out a single PG squad, when you have 3 others, an AC and two LATHT to support him? They are just sitting in your base scratching their ass. You are losing the game out of idleness.
    16:27 - A third LATHT? Are you expecting Patton any time soon? Your unit choices are generally good, but you're over-producing them. They are specialized units, and right now you have a 3:1 ratio of LATHTs to Max's vehicles. Kind of an overkill?
    17:12 - Now you're getting it: push out.
    17:40 - Remember to disperse your units a little more, and put them behind cover. You can utilise the entire field you are fighting on. Max has rangers, meaning he went infantry. He could call in an off-map, or even worse: an on-map .105 Howitzer barrage on your blob.
    17:45 - Now you're remember: Thou shalt not blob!
    17:47 - You just destroyed his M8. Drive at least 2 of your 3 LATHTs up, just to help with extra firepower.
    17:53 - Put your G43 behind cover. Also send your AC and the repairing PG squad to help out. All he has is a ranger squad, you can easily kill that without losing your AC.
    18:22 - I stopped watching. I am assuming you lost the game, armor started rolling in, howitzer shells started falling you were overrun by BAR'ed rifles, right? Basically you lost the game due to being idle. You avoided conflict when you had the greater army, and when you were fighting you were restricting your fighting units. Such as the 17:50 engagement where your LATHTs were just sitting in the back. Put them up there and get some extra firepower to your front. They tear down cover, they destroy the forward HQ building, they provide more targets for the rangers to hit instead of your AC. It's better to have three damaged vehicles than one destroyed in the situation you were in.
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:37 am

Very detailed, thanks dude!
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:15 am

Abahab wrote:Very detailed, thanks dude!

That's what these topics are for Smile

I changed the topic title so that this becomes your general "apprentice" topic. Keep uploading replays where you lose, and hopefully people (anyone, even those who have their own apprentice topic, I will have one myself) will find the time to give you some advice Very Happy
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:34 am

I see someone else also gave you feedback. He knows what he's doing with PE far more than I do, so I suggest you pay special attention to Ironsoldier's advice.
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Another PE loss.
    This time Max put his game face on. I don't know how to handle Americans snagging map control with such ease. I feel that in this game I maybe should have pushed a little early on and cut Max off. However everytime I push against americans they decap everything I have, leaving me without resources. My macro was pretty off, and at one point I accidentally built a second T4 building.
    Max
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Post by Max Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:48 pm

I didn't put my game face on, by this point I was tired and didn't give a shit, easily my worst of the lot. Silly that I won.

Last edited by Max on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:50 pm

Well then I just suck.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:54 am

Abahab wrote:... at one point I accidentally built a second T4 building.

I'm guessing you didn't have your game-face on this game :p

Either way, I am going to refrain from giving frequent feedback on PE and Brit replays, both because I don't really know those factions to any great extent plus I'm going to prioritize my CoH-replay time on commenting on replays hosting the factions I know best: US and Wehr.
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:54 am

I got around to playing some 1v1s. I won four in a row, and then got my ass handed to me by this wehr play.
    http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/replays.php?game=25&show=details&id=190105
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Abahab Empty 1v1 vs Moliat

Post by Abahab Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Still need to work on my mid and late game.
    Abe (USA) vs Moliat(Wehrmacht)
    Activated
    Activated

Post by Activated Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:31 am

Here are Moliats thoughts of your game Avahab:
    03:25 - Why retreat the rifle squad? It's the perfect way to keep an MG busy: long range between green cover. It will take ages before your squad is pinned, and he has to keep firing otherwise your rifle squad can move up and attack. You had an ideal flanking opportunity.
    05:00 - Not the right time to start with a supply depot. You will only have 35 fuel by the time its finished. Wait a minute and make another attempt at overwhelming the center position first.
    05:45 - You know where his units are, try sending a couple firles around the far flanks and have them attack simultaneously with a head on attack between green cover that will be keeping the MGs busy.
    07:00 - You haven't seen any veterancy yet, so anything is in the cards. An M8 is a safe bet, and you haven't seen any t2 units yet either so you could try sending it into his bse to scout and possibly lay a mine.
    08:07 - What is the rifle squad doing on the far right? You know his mg is nearby, and is likely watching that direction considering the wire that has been put up.
    08:52 - Good M8 usage and rifle flanking manouver. You overrun the position, now use that to your advantage to regain some territory.
    09:32 - Get the M8 back to base using a safe route. It's a waste leaving it stationary in the open like that.
    10:00 - You have him fighting to regain control of the middle. His forces will be few on the sides, so use that opportunity to send a rifle to each flank and outcap him. You need all the resources you can get.
    10:36 - Nice flamer usage, but don¨t use it to decap the VP under fire.
    10:45 - Chase that pak and get it decrewed, possibly even capturing it in the process!
    11:22 - Never use flamers unsupported as they will be focus fired and can't stand up to the fire they will take while closing in on the enemy.
    11:47 - A pioneer squad is capturing the entire right side. You can dispose of a rifle squad to regain the right side, the resources gained will be worth it.
    12:41 - A sniper, good! He's heavily dependent on his MGs to keep your rifeles at bay, so this sniper will do the trick in opening up some gaps in his defensive line.
    13:20 - Get BARs. His grenadiers are starting to take control of the field, and you will be able to neglect his volks using BARs.
    13:55 - Your enemy just disposed an MG to cover the far right side, that means there is one less covering his main line.
    14:49 - Get BARs!
    14:50 - Get BARs!
    14:51 - Get BARs!
    15:45 - Thank you.
    16:01 - You are completely on your heels. Get a mortar or two up, not only can they pound the enemy MGs, but they can also lay smoke which will allow you to overrun them head-on.
    17:10 - You have the means to counter that ostwind. Rangers - good choice as your AT gun is out of base.
    17:52 - Sniper firing when infantry only meters away, not smart. Always have them supported, and never shoot if they are on top of you. You just lost 340 manpower in exchange for 28 for killing that single volksgrenadier.
    19:00 - Get the first supply yard upgrade.
    19:30 - You know the ostwind is out there, well actually there are two now, so send an AT gun with your push. Also, don't blob your units together when moving that close to the defensive line. You never know, he might have something to spot for his units, which was just the case.
    20:26 - Get another AT gun out, and research rifle grenades. Once you penetrate the defenses the Wehrmacht has his units all bunched up, grenades will make a hell of a difference provided you actually get through.
    21:30 - Tommy rangers, nice. Get the AT gun to follow your infantry faster so that you avoid silly casualties. You have what you need to break the right side defense, but get anothe rAT gun as those two ostwinds are wreaking havoc.
    22:00 - Don't send your rangers in alone when you know there are two ostwind flakpanzers there.
    24:05 - Unnecessary use of fire-up. The grenadier squad would quickly retreat anyway, so there's no point wasting the fire up there when it can help you overrun an MG instead.
    24:44 - Good job with those two MGs. Put the Vp pressure on by taking the middle and right side. If you rush it, he might pull back his tanks to fend you off. At this point I would gamble since he has the upper hand in technology and armor size. Your only choice is trying to get him to fall back, but at this point you really are screwed no matter what you do.
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:47 am

Activated wrote:Here are Moliats thoughts of your game Avahab...

The Wrecked Train game Smile Thanks for posting them! Very Happy
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Abahab Empty 2v2 Rails and Metal

Post by Abahab Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Abahab-Minionny vs Max-Moliat

American forces clash with the Panzer Elite on Rails and Metal.
    Murray
    Murray
    Wehrmacht
    Wehrmacht

Post by Murray Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:34 am

awesome ill have a look.
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Abahab Empty The Savage Abe

Post by Abahab Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Here are two games SavageNation and I played against Moliat with randoms.

Game one vs Moliat

Game 2
    Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Those games made me a saaaad panda.
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:49 pm

Abahab THIS-MAKES-ME-A-SAAAD-PANDA
    Murray
    Murray
    Wehrmacht
    Wehrmacht

Post by Murray Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:09 pm

Keen to play again! I was quite busy these last couple of days....
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Abahab Empty Abe vs Moliat - The showdown continues

Post by Abahab Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Moliat
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Where did the "Delete Topic" button go?
    Max
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Post by Max Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:54 pm

It's down in the bottom left yet above the quick reply box. Far left icon, has a picture of a do not enter sign on it. I hope this helps.

-Max
    Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Abahab Empty The Epic Saga Continues....

Post by Abahab Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:30 am

Abahab
    Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:45 am

After several wins in a row, I lost to this PE smurf (According to his stats this was his first game played).

Inf vs TD Langres

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm